Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jeep rumors.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Jeep rumors. Reply with quote

I got these rumors from allpar.com. Confused

Quote:
Jeep Wrangler and Scrambler

The ancient Jeep Wrangler will get a facelift for 2005 or 2006, with a new grille (!), and a composite or metal top with removable roof and side panels. The Wrangler is also expected to have the new 3.7 liter V6 since DCX is intent on eliminating unnecessary engines and transmissions. As we predicted, 2003 models saw the old 2.5 AMC four cylinder quietly replaced with the 2.4 liter four on base models.

DCX executives may choose to relocate production when the Wrangler is revised in 2006, at which time we suspect it will get an independent front suspension and safety enhancements.

A confirmed 2005 pickup, called the Scrambler, is closely based on the Wrangler.

Jeep Rescue

The Dodge Ram-based Jeep seems like a copy of the Hummer H2 idea: take a good, well-made pickup, and turn it into a highly capable off-road vehicle. The Rescue could be designed to make a mockery of the H2 (which, incidentally, weighs 6,400 pounds, does 0-60 in about 10 seconds, and gets about 10 mpg). We hear people within Jeep are enthusiastic about the Hummer-styled Rescue, since GM and Hummer have been taking Jeep's offroad thunder in the popular mind. Related are Chrysler's efforts - currently but possibly not permanently rebuffed - to get a military contract for the Humvee replacement. GM and Hummer are also competing for this.

Jeep Grand Cherokee and Jeep Commander (Wagoneer)

Chrysler is the lead engineering team for the Grand Cherokee, which serves as the basic platform for the Mercedes ML and the full-size Mercedes Vito van which may end up being sold as a Dodge, coming full circle. A luxurious, extended version of the Grand Cherokee is likely to be called the Jeep Commander (we had expected Wagoneer). Mercedes is now claiming it will not share any components with the redesigned M class, but they have been flexible about such statements in the past. Not sharing would be a strange thing indeed. Certainly the platform is the same, according to past DCX statements. The ML has been wind-tunnel tested in Auburn Hills, not Germany. The Grand Cherokee is in production, the long-wheelbase version still waiting.

Jeep Liberty

This platform may be phased out. We'd expect a new vehicle replacing the Liberty to come around 2007-08. Alternatively, there is talk of a Dodge version of the Liberty.

Not sure how accurate it is since they also predicted the Compass would be introduced this past July. rofl
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM and Hummer have been taking Jeep's offroad thunder in the popular mind.

Who is the idiot that thinks H2 is stealings Jeeps offroad thunder.. rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CoreyXJ
Turkish
Turkish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now...outside...its snowing. I have seen 3 wrecks and about 10 cars in ditchs or spun out off the road. One of those cars was .....an H2!!
I think its funny that these soccer moms think they can go 100mph in snow in thier "unstoppable" H2.... Its just not happenin - Im sorry to say!

rofl rofl

CoreyXJ

"Do what you love to do...the money will eventually follow" - I. Larry
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, the all-conquering H2. Mr. Green
I've seen a few of the H2 pickups cruising around (what are they called H3's?) Just not for me. Apparently everybody around here thinks if you throw a bunch of chrome on them, they become even more capable. no
Epaminondas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might enjoy this little ditty. Wayback when, when I had still had my 91 YJ and they were introducing the first civilian H1's, I happened to be in attendance at the Chicago auto show debut. I was standing around looking at the scantily clad Hummer chicks and listening to the mouth piece with the mic ramble about how great it was when he started soliciting audience reaction. Who does he pick to ask first? Yup. Yours truly! I just crossed my arms in front of me and said, "Won't go anywhere my Jeep can't". At that the now stunned announcer guy picked his jaw up off the floor said nothing and stuck his mic in someone elses face. Very Happy I'll never forget that moment.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl rofl rofl Damn striaght... There is not a hummer on the street that can follow my ZJ... Mr. Green Mr. Green tell them I said that... rofl rofl rofl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And totally unrelated, since I'm bored, I went to ford.com to price a new truck. I had my eyes set on a 2005 F-650 crew cab with a Caterpillar 7.2, a Fuller 7 speed trany, jake brake and air ride seats. I keep seeing one cruising around town with a pick up bed. Nice. Except the one I just priced is $62,000. Shocked
CoreyXJ
Turkish
Turkish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Smokes Code?!??!?!? What on Gods green earth are you going to do with that little dinky truck. My Ford F-9000 w/Turbine engine pumping out 10,000 hp with one-speed tranny, 5 point seatbelt harness, dingo balls in the window, and a cow-skinned seat cover, complete with Hummer-homing missles, and factory tow hooks.....(all for a mere $1.2 million) is way better than that!!!

Losing touch on reality - CoreyXJ

"Do what you love to do...the money will eventually follow" - I. Larry
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should just get the Ineterantional CXT.

rofl rofl rofl

Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love one but those jackasses charge extra for a trailer hitch. You'd think for $100,000 they'd throw in the damn hitch. Mr. Green
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a spy shot of the 2006 Commander.
Clicky
Drake69

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code3TJ wrote:
Here's a spy shot of the 2006 Commander.
Clicky

That's the picture I found in an issue of Car-N-Driver from July that looked like a new Cherokee. I thought the "Commander" was a completely different vehicle? Confused ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: