Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Four Wheeler magazine's FWOTY

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Epaminondas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 pm    Post subject: Four Wheeler magazine's FWOTY Reply with quote

In case you havent seen it yet Four Wheeler magazine has picked a $63,000.00 + Volkswagen luxo ute as its Four Wheeler Of The Year. This marks the third year in a row these clowns have selected some gadget riddled, grocery getter, with a Donald Trump price tag as its FWOTY. Thought you'd like to see the letter I sent to the editor after I choked on their "eval". Here tis:

Three years. Three stinkin' years! That's how many years running you've completely lost your minds on FWOTY. Two overpriced Lexus station wagons the previous two years and now ANOTHER $60K+ luxo ute, grocery chaser is FWOTY? What world are you guys living in? You guys call yourself "Four Wheeler" magazine yet you manage to pick the vehicle with the highest price tag, a unibody, all season street tires, IFS, "parking assistance", navigation system, and four wheel ABS?
Aside from the Car & Driver criteria you apparently now use for FWOTY, you also add insult to injury by COMPLETELY blowing it on the specs for the Rubicon. For starters, all Rubicons have 4 wheel disc brakes. You listed disc/drum. Thats bad enough but then you listed the axle ratio as 3.73. All Rubicons come with 4.11's standard. The rock trac T-case is a NV241 with a 4:1 low range. Also standard. You listed a NV231 ratio of 2.72:1 low range. Maybe if you'd gotten your facts straight you wouldn't have embarassed yourselves by panning the Rubi for having the "tallest crawl ratio" in the test when in fact it is the LOWEST at 46.69 by my calculations! And thats with a slush box trans! With the new six speed its more like 73.32. Then you go on to whine like school girls because the removable doors and the only true off road tires in your test cause "noise, vibration and harshness"!! You ladies need to put a dress on and start writing evals for Consumer Reports or Lady's Home Journal.

Four Wheeler magazine blows moose c*ck IMO furious
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bunch of tools. Just wait till next year when they choose a car as their rig of the year. Wait, they already did. no
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Least Petersons picked the Grand Cherokee.. Mr. Green

Stupid IFS... But at least it has a Hemi.. Mr. Green Rolling Eyes

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should see the DC press release.
Quote:
The new Jeep Grand Cherokee is the most off-road capable Grand Cherokee we've ever built

swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes What ever... Finger Finger tool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts exactly. rofl
detox

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the reason I don't buy 4x4 mags. and I come to places like this. Not only is it more informative, you get reasonably intellegent help and advice when you need it..

Cheers guys.. Oh and have a great New Year!!!
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, my biggest problem with most of the magazines is that they lack integrity. They're not going to install a lift/tire/whatever for free, write an honest review of it when it's garbage at the risk of losing an advertiser. I don't think I've read anything negative in one of the magazine in years. Rolling Eyes
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Four Wheeler magazine's FWOTY Reply with quote

Epaminondas wrote:

Three years. Three stinkin' years! That's how many years running you've completely lost your minds on FWOTY. Two overpriced Lexus station wagons the previous two years and now ANOTHER $60K+ luxo ute, grocery chaser is FWOTY? What world are you guys living in? You guys call yourself "Four Wheeler" magazine yet you manage to pick the vehicle with the highest price tag, a unibody, all season street tires, IFS, "parking assistance", navigation system, and four wheel ABS?
Aside from the Car & Driver criteria you apparently now use for FWOTY, you also add insult to injury by COMPLETELY blowing it on the specs for the Rubicon. For starters, all Rubicons have 4 wheel disc brakes. You listed disc/drum. Thats bad enough but then you listed the axle ratio as 3.73. All Rubicons come with 4.11's standard. The rock trac T-case is a NV241 with a 4:1 low range. Also standard. You listed a NV231 ratio of 2.72:1 low range. Maybe if you'd gotten your facts straight you wouldn't have embarassed yourselves by panning the Rubi for having the "tallest crawl ratio" in the test when in fact it is the LOWEST at 46.69 by my calculations! And thats with a slush box trans! With the new six speed its more like 73.32. Then you go on to whine like school girls because the removable doors and the only true off road tires in your test cause "noise, vibration and harshness"!! You ladies need to put a dress on and start writing evals for Consumer Reports or Lady's Home Journal.

thumbs Too bad if they would happen to print it that they'll either try and use their 'rapier' wit to make an ass outta ya or downplay you as a redneck that took 5 minutes away from the family moonshine business to scribble out a letter to the editor. I agree with detox...

detox wrote:
this is the reason I don't buy 4x4 mags.

The 4x of the year showdowns are a joke, their tech is usually outdated and something that would get flamed on most tech forums, their product spotlights are either uber buck outta reach for the average joe or crap you couldn't pay me to install on my heep, and so on and so on. Best part of these rags are that they've also resorted to cyber land to host their warped views of wheeling, and the rich part is some of them actually try and charge a fee for 'premium' content rofl rofl rofl . I'm gonna pay $20 a month to figure out that I can get that beadlock look without paying for beadlocks thanks to the fine folks at Mickey Thompson. Thanks sparky, I'll pass Mr. Green . Well, all I gotta say is that VW Touareg > any Jeep ever put on the road Rolling Eyes ..........and merry xmas to all flipoff agree .
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: