Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Horrible News

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
95sahara

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Horrible News Reply with quote

Just thought I'd let everyone know, I totaled my YJ tonight. So heres the scene, I'm pulling out at an intersection, theres a TJ in front of me, the TJ pulls out, I look both ways and see that theres plenty of rrom to get out behind him, and the TJ stops dead in the middle of the intersection. So my first instinct is to throw it in reverse and get off the road, The guy in the F150 coming at me's first instinct is to swerve toward the burm and go around me, long story short, I got T-boned. And to top it all off, the a**hole in the TJ took off and never came back. I got hit right in the driver's door, so its halfway into my seat, my three month old softtop is torn and screwed, and the frame is twisted, so my guess is when the insurance looks at it tomorrow, its gonna be totaled.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks dude, but at least no one was hurt...the Jeep can be replaced. I know that's small consolation though. Confused

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CoreyXJ
Turkish
Turkish

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always hate to hear about a wreck like that... Back in highschool my friend Mark got t-boned by a Dodge Ram and he got flipped on his side. Thank God for roll cages... Sorry to hear it had to go down that way.
Like Steve said "the Jeep can be replaced...you can't"
Rest In Peace

CoreyXJ

"Do what you love to do...the money will eventually follow" - I. Larry
95sahara

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. I know I'm lucky and believe me I've been thankfull. I'm already looking around for another Jeep. But I'll have to wait and see what I get out of mine. I just hope I can get enough to pay off my loan. We'll see. Now, next question. What should I get next, another YJ or a TJ.
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get a TJ! Sorry to hear about your jeep

My Morning Jacket
Drake69

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

95sahara wrote:
Thanks everyone. I know I'm lucky and believe me I've been thankfull. I'm already looking around for another Jeep. But I'll have to wait and see what I get out of mine. I just hope I can get enough to pay off my loan. We'll see. Now, next question. What should I get next, another YJ or a TJ.

Get an Unlimited and lift it, those are really cool.

And sorry about the YJ, non-drivin' b@st@rds...

TJgirl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go TJ Razz
95sahara

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Before I got my YJ, I had a 93 S10 4X4 Ext. Cab. Ever since I got that S10 I have wanted a ZR2. So about a month ago, I found a 2000 ZR2 at an extremely good price, so I bought it. It's got 49,000 on it, loaded out the wazoo with options, I think it actually has every single option available, its bright red with black bumpers, black grille and black fender flares. Ant its got the third door, which I think is really cool. There are only two things I don't like about it. 1. Its an automatic, and 2. its got push button 4X4. But like I said the price was good so I got it. I figure that once I get the loan paid off (in 4 years) maybe there will be some Rubicon's out in the used market and I can snatch one up. Until then, I'm truckin again. So what do you all think about ZR2's? I'll give you some specs on them. They have larger wheel bearings all around, a narrowed half-ton rear end and suspension with Posi, the chassis sits 3" higher than a stock S10 4X4, and the front track is a few inches wider than a stocker. And they come from the factory with 31x10.50X15 BFG all terrains.
Here are a few pics:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2133210999

What do ya think?
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought all the ZR2's came with factory bed rails ..Did someone take them off to put the tonneau on...

I almost bought one a few years ago.. They are nice looking but the slightly beefed up 10 bolt rear and the IFS front where not strong enough for what I had in mind..

I am sure you will enjoy it ... Its a very nice ride.. I was looking at a 4 door red one.. Very pimptacular inside...

Nice choice...

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
95sahara

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I really like it. Nah, they don't come with bedrails. Only the crew-cab ZR5's come with them. I put the tonneau cover, nerf bars, and taillight covers on myself.
TJgirl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pics please!?
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhh yeah thats it.. It was a ZR5 that I was looking a , Victory Red was the color if I remember correctly..

Anyway.. Nice looking truck..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
95sahara

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics are in the Imagestation link above. If it doesn't work for you I will try to put some directly on the thread. Even though I said it was bright red, I think the GM name for it is actually Victory Red.
95sahara

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also going to try and get some pics up of my YJ before and after the wreck, I realized that I never posted any. So hopefully within the next couple days or so, I will get some up.
95sahara

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extra extra, pics are here!!!!

http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3434

Use the imagestation link in that post. I still can't figure out how to post pics directly into the thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: