Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Superlift?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Superlift? Reply with quote

Has anyone installed the Superlift 4" Superide Suspension on a TJ? Confused

I have a question about the Rear Upper Control Arms and need advice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the basic kit on a previous TJ.

I wouldn't run their control arms. Poly bushings and lots of articulation don't play well with the stock control arm brackets. The design of the Superlift arms is also faulted. The arm "flex" by rotating. However, as the axle articulates, it moves through multiple arcs. The flex allowed by twisting arms does not follow the same arcs and will create binding.

I suggest an arm that uses a flex joint of some type....RE Superflex joints, Currie Johnny Joints, etc.
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that wasn't my question but thanks for that answer....my question was, on the rear axle brackets for the Upper Control Arms, it says to "knock out the perforated plugs"....any idea how I am supposed to do this? It's a square hole and I have no idea what the directions are talking about.... Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo02TJ wrote:
Well, that wasn't my question but thanks for that answer....my question was, on the rear axle brackets for the Upper Control Arms, it says to "knock out the perforated plugs"....any idea how I am supposed to do this? It's a square hole and I have no idea what the directions are talking about.... Confused

Do NOT knock out those perforations. Superlift wants you to run cam bolts. They are a pain in the ass and will create more headaches then they are worth. They come loose and lose their adjustment. Once you knock out those perforations, you can't go back easily unless you have access to a welder.
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We havn't yet, but should I just re-attach the UCA and forget about it?
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Put the CA back on.

If you have driveline vibes, I would try a 1" motor mount lift with some t-case drop if needed. If that still doesn't solve it, the SYE/CV shaft with adjustable upper rear arms is the next step. I can tell you a good place for Rubicon Express stuff for very good prices if interested.
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Thank you!! Reply with quote

I posted this same thing at JeepForum, and don't get me wrong, both forums are great, but after an hour, I had to bump myself and still no one answered...The kit came with the TC drop kit, so I think I should be ok Smile
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you!! Reply with quote

Stevo02TJ wrote:
I posted this same thing at JeepForum, and don't get me wrong, both forums are great, but after an hour, I had to bump myself and still no one answered...

I'm not one to rip on forums...but I recently read a thread on JF after seeing a link on another boards. It was about some guy who was pretending to drive a manual with his 4-speed auto Wrangler. rofl I think that says a lot.
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I happened to read that one, and it wasn't too long ago...some people are have no common sense... Rolling Eyes

But I actually like both forums, I'm used to JF but I'm sure I can accomodate to this one too! Wink

Thanks for the help!
Stephen Smile
1fox2go

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this one is better
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey....no one asked you! Finger

Haha, j/k man.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Tires All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: