Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

first car: 99 laredo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingdavidd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: first car: 99 laredo Reply with quote

just bought one last week, my first car purchase,, anyway.. i am new at all these stuff, but last night as i arrived home from work,, the factory alarm just went off,,, right after me getting out of the vehicle, and i dint know how to turn it off.. (it didnt come with the orig owner's manual) i ended up disconnceting the battery. can anybody tell me how to turn off the alarm when it goes off.. thanks.. any ideas will is appreciated

Very Happy
CoreyXJ
Turkish
Turkish

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved this to the Grand Cherokee (ZJ) forum to better help you.

If I remember right those alarms are driver door key activated. If it ever does it again try closing the drivers side door and putting the key in the lock, then lock and unlock it. That should tell the computer to shut it up........I think.

Good Luck - CoreyXJ

"Do what you love to do...the money will eventually follow" - I. Larry
Buddha_Kip

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you probably hit the red panic button on the remote by accident....i've done it too many times myself. just hit the panic button again and it should go off....you may have to press it a few times, as it doesn't always seem to work

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed
I've had the problem on my Grand. The key thing usually works just fine. The random alarm going off was due to bad/dirty connections on the battery terminals. The factory alarms are picky for power. But all you have to do is lock the doors and close. Turn the key (drivers side only) to lock then unlock. Alarm should go off. If it still does that Some Grands incorporated the trunk lock also. Why they did that I guess we'll never know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: