Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TC lever help and suggestions for rearend mods

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: TC lever help and suggestions for rearend mods Reply with quote

Also my TC Lever keeps popping out of 4HI and 4LO. I try holding the level and it still pops out...I have a TC drop, could anyone help me with a fix for this? It also gets into a bind moving the lever around.

Also, I'm running the D35 w/ 3.07 gears and 33x12.50s....I was wondering what kind of axles you people recomend. I'd also like to go to 4.10 gears and throw an ARB Air Locker on the rear. Anyone have any objections, or suggestions for improvment over what I've listed to beef up my rear end?

TIA,
Stephen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
1fox2go

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i was you id find a set of 4.10 gears out of a 4 banger wrangler in the junkyard to stick in your rear end, then if you feel your gonna be wheelin where you would break that axle id start looking for a D44 in the junkyard, swamp boy beefed up his 35 and he said hes got no problems as for the TC drop kit and lever probs bring that up to dads on sat and we can take a gander at it, and for the locker id get your gearin fixed first before you buy one of them
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swapped in an 8.8 a while back.. And I sold my Super 35 equiped wonder axle... Mr. Green I actually got $300 for it.. Not to shabby for a 35... But it did have a detroit locker and disk brakes . as well as Yukon axles...

It held up pretty good to my beefed up V8 .. And I was running 33's ..

But when I decided I wanted 35's ... It had to go... Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
CoreyXJ
Turkish
Turkish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: TC lever help and suggestions for rearend mods Reply with quote

Stevo02TJ wrote:
Also my TC Lever keeps popping out of 4HI and 4LO. I try holding the level and it still pops out...I have a TC drop, could anyone help me with a fix for this? It also gets into a bind moving the lever around

When you drop the T-case away down away from the body you are in effect changing the angle of the linkage that goes from your handle to the T-case itself. (Big problem when you have a body lift too...) Sooo... Take the linkage loose where it is not wanting to stay and move your T-case into 4Lo (or whichever is giving you probs) and re-adjust the linkage further down the slide bar or closer, one of the two will give the linkage more room to move. Now it won't have to be moved very far at all, just a touch so that it will engage 4Lo and not pop out. Once you get it to stay in 4Lo make sure that 4Hi and 2Hi both still engage ok.

I fixed this on KTJ's 97 so I will see if I can find pics.... He has a body lift and no T-case drop so he had a similar problem with his 4Lo too!!!

The adjustment on the left is what you want to take loose and move just a little tiny bit, to much could make it not work at all.

CoreyXJ

"Do what you love to do...the money will eventually follow" - I. Larry
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, the info was a definite help, thanks

And thank's Swamp Boy for sharing your experience with your wonder axle Mr. Green Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Drivetrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: