Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sometimes I love Virginia

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Sometimes I love Virginia Reply with quote

This bill was passed by the General Assembly of VA this past Wednesday (01/12). What's the gist of it you ask?

Quote:
46.2-1088.6. Certain wheel covers prohibited.

No person shall operate on any public highway in the Commonwealth any motor vehicle equipped with wheel covers, wheels, hub caps, or similar devices or equipment that creates the illusion that the vehicle is moving when it is not moving or creates the illusion that the vehicle is stationary when it is moving.

We just outlawed spinners. We Rock! rofl

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great! There was a segment on the local news about a week ago about spinner injuries - dumbasses are sticking their fingers in them as they spin round and round with predictable results. rofl
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spinner injuries...that's funny. rofl

My question is: Are the cops really gonna pull over and cite the pinheads that run these things? I think the troopers will...they are gonna have a field day on the interstates. Come to think of it, there were a lot of troopers out on I95 yesterday...I saw 4 in a 35 mile stretch, waaaay more than usual, but none of them had thier radar on. Veeeeeeery interesting. Mr. Green

Disclaimer - It's illegal to own radar detection devices in VA. I will neither confirm nor deny any and/or all claims that I, allegedly, own such a device...in other words, I'm pleadin' the 5th. Finger

Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats so funny!! rofl
majikxms

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next thing is gonna be no lifted suspensions, these people must be stopped at all costs. I'm not running spinners, nor will I ever, but that's ridiculous.
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

majikxms wrote:
Next thing is gonna be no lifted suspensions, these people must be stopped at all costs. I'm not running spinners, nor will I ever, but that's ridiculous.

Well Dale they do "Altered suspension" I talk to the guy at the State Troppers headquaters at Richmond and under that law any suspension that has been altered from factory can get it, one reason for lift/lowering laws. I spent many years lowered and read a lot of the laws Sad So in short a trooper can give a ticket for a 1 inch lift if he see blocks etc. Thats why they came up with lift and lower limits cause you can't always tell. Thats another reason why soemtimes you hear people say shackles, blocks, etc are illegal, whell in a way they are, you have "altered the suspension" Trust I have tried to find a way out, but no luck. 2 tickets for "alltered suspension" and 1 warning. Tropper once told me I guess you think I'm being tough but I could give you another ticket. I said Okay what?? Not to be a smart ass, but curious to find out what? He said it's against the law in VA for a vehicle not to have any identification emblems on it!!!! Like FORD, JEEP, etc rofl And yes he showed it to me too in his book Sad
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, VA sucks as a state I can't believe that shit

My Morning Jacket
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithtj wrote:

Yea No shaved emblems, door handles etc, unless it's a classic/older car. Dude told me no matter what you do once you touch something on the suspension it's alterd!! rofl No spindles, springs, shackles, nothing. Hell a friend of mine got a ticket in Harrisonburg for having a hood scoope!! No vehicles 95 & up can have one Sad Next thing you'll know we will get tickets for antennas being to tall rofl
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithtj wrote:

thats why we live in the great state of redneck

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithtj wrote:

It's not as bad as places like PA. They don't really pick on us lifted folk too much. Let 'em focus on the ricers...they're the ones driving like maniacs everywhere. That's what I think anyway... Mr. Green

Quote:
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thephantum wrote:
Keithtj wrote:

It's not as bad as places like PA. They don't really pick on us lifted folk too much. Let 'em focus on the ricers...they're the ones driving like maniacs everywhere. That's what I think anyway... Mr. Green

I agree!! Mr. Green
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Matt, but Louisville is not KY!

My Morning Jacket
majikxms

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one is for the Budget Boosters...

This too is from VA State Code:
46.2-1064. Modification of front-end suspension by use of lift blocks.

No motor vehicle whose front-end suspension has been modified by the use of lift blocks shall be driven on any highway in the Commonwealth.
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can we say VA sucks rofl Bad enough DMV wants to know what the color is when you tittle & tag, always wonder what to say if I paint a vehicle with Chromalusion, the paint that changes colors?? Ah well it's, green, gold, purple, teal, silver, marron, blu, violet just depends on the angle and light you view it in rofl
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

majikxms wrote:
This one is for the Budget Boosters...

This too is from VA State Code:
46.2-1064. Modification of front-end suspension by use of lift blocks.

No motor vehicle whose front-end suspension has been modified by the use of lift blocks shall be driven on any highway in the Commonwealth.

Actually Dale, I remember seeing that reg...if I'm right (which I might not be....wouldn't be the first time) it pertains to leaf sprung front suspensions, not coils.

Quote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: