Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

stereo system- can I find an amp that fits under driver seat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhr0812

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: stereo system- can I find an amp that fits under driver seat Reply with quote

I need to install an amp to run 2 additional speakers in the mod-pod by the foot rest. 2000 tj with sound bar. is there an amp out there that I can use that fits under the seat or under the dash. reason is also for security. running a new alpine with a bazooka tube. both components also have built in amps, but the fact is I am running 6 speakers so I don't really know if it is needed
thanks for you input !!!
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coreyxj worked in the car audio business for 7 years doing sales and custom installs, he's in vegas right now but when he gets back he can help you out. Also you'll want to stay away from under the seat due to water proofing issues, that is unless you never go off road and if you are very careful about the weather then you would be fine.

My Morning Jacket
-DouG-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could prob mount an amp tp the seat frame so it's up off the floor... another idea is what I did... I stuffed a few small amps in the dash of my 2001 -not sure if the 2000 is the same tho... the older TJs had a metal plate behind the panel under the steering column -my 2001 didn't... http://community.webshots.com/user/d0ug
hth
woodsytc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have an older "Profile" amp under the drivers seat on my 1998 TJ. it took a little finesse to get it there but it fits and is totally hidden and out of the way and the seat still works. it's a pretty small amp but it still puts out 100 watts RMS into 2 channels. the amp measures about 2" x 7.5" x 10" and needed some shims to get it in position under the seat so it wouldn't mess with the seat mechanism. good luck.
-woodsy
CoreyXJ
Turkish
Turkish

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhr - Did you get it taken care of or do you still need some help????

CoreyXJ

"Do what you love to do...the money will eventually follow" - I. Larry
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electronic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: