Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Low tire light

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Low tire light Reply with quote

Got this in an email:
Quote:
I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited and the low tire light keeps flashing on and off, not constantly. The tire pressures are fine. What could be the problem?? Wasn't sure who/how to ask on this website. Caroline

Anybody have any ideas?
ehirner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the manual say? They should have an explanation of the light's operation.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking that if it's not operating like it's supposed to, it's so new that it has to be under warranty. Wink
VMRenegade05

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: About tire light Reply with quote

I asked the dealer the same question when I got my oil changed...I just got my liberty in november and its been happenning ever since. The guy said its because when its cold outside the pressure inside the tire changes. And the car thinks its too low. He said what you can try is when its cold out fill ur tires with 37 psi instead of the required 33. That will compensate for the drop when its cold out. Anywho hope that helps!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems kinda high - have you checked when the tires are hot how much of the tread is making contact with the ground?
VMRenegade05

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I haven't
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will give you a little idea about pressures for on-highway and a lot of info about offroad pressures. The best way I've found to figure out the proper inflation, is draw a chalk like across the width of the tread and slowly drive forward so the tire makes a couple of revolutions. Once the chalk has begun to wear off, take a look at it. If the chalk is worn off equally across the width, then that's the proper inflation, if the edges are worn off more than the center, it's underinflated and if only the center is worn, then it's overinflated. Overinflation will wear out the tire more quickly and the tire can be damaged more easily when hitting debris etc. If it's underinflated on the highway, heat will build up in the tire and you risk a blow out. HTH
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Liberty Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: