Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What would be the best type.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAHaagCO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: What would be the best type..... Reply with quote

What would be the best type of tire for the many types of trails in Colorado. We see everything from large rocks to mud and lots of water around where I am. My size of preference would be a 33x10.5x15 but not to many brands actually offer that size. Anybody have any suggestions?
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on this board there are really three popular brands, 1st is trxus made by interco, next is the Goodyear MT/R's, and then 3rd bfg M/T's. All three are great tires and I'm not ranking them in any special order. I'm not 100% sure if they all come in 33X10.50

My Morning Jacket
JAHaagCO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that the BFG's come in that size and i was actually looking into them but they are expensive and im cheap. LOL. Im running BFG AT's now in a 33x9.5x15 and they do great in the snow and mud but otherwise they are to thin. The only reason i got them was because i got the 4 of them for $200 new i couldn't pass that up.
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send a PM to 1fox2go he has some M/Ts that he loves, and I'm sure he could tell ya about them thumbs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
1fox2go

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxxis buckshot mudders my man about 100 bucks a tire do good in snow mud rain no mud tire is good on ice but they can get you where you wanna go got a set week after christmas been a month and i can say you cant tell they have been worn down...check into them
kitesurferinva

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have run the BFG MT's for the last year and a half and they have done me well, but I am going to give the Trxus MT's a try now (coming next month) as they are already sipped from the factory, providing better wet road traction along with the off road capability of a MT.

If you are looking for cheap tires, I have heard good things about the pro comp MT's also, and they are pretty cheap.

Check out http://www.ntwonline.com/ they have great prices on tires/wheels and ship them mounted/balanced to your door if you like.

Happy Hunting..
Kitesurferinva -98 TJ 2" BB, 1" BL, Big Daddy Rocker Guards, Custom front bumper, SKBpro rear bumper w/ spare tire swing out carrier, 33x12.5 BFG MT's on 15x10 AR Outlaw II's, 2 Hella lights, warn engine and diff skids, Kilby steering skid
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunlop mud rovers seem pretty good to me sofar quality tire brand and relatively inexpensive if you get them on a good deal (sams Club $108 for the 33's)

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
JAHaagCO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have a lot of good looking tires on that site thanks.
1fox2go

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunlop mud rovers, dad has them on the big dodge they are some diggin tires hes had them on for about a year and its a daily driver...im thinkin 400 miles a week and thats haulin trailors and such and his tires are about half tread now...but they are a lilt higher...seriously check into the buckshot mudders
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on my 3rd set of Remington Mudd Brutes.. I love them. I have seen them out perform MTR's and BFG MT's.. The lugs are huge and there is a decent amount of space between them.. I got 4 of the 35X12.5 variety for $700 mounted and ballanced..

Not to shabby.. Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jasper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever tire you choose check the sidewall ply. Some of the cheaper stuff will not hold up aired down on the rocks. What your're running now is a good tire, I have a friend who ran those skinny t/a's forever and swore by them, great in the snow. I have run BFG mud t/a's on both my Jeeps and only cut one sidewall, sharp rocks in Nevada, but half the tread was gone anyway so it was a good excuse to buy another set.
Bottom line... you get what you pay for. Looking for "cheap" and that's what you will get. Look for a quality tire and shop for the best price.
DirtyRedTJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recomend the Truxus M/t's. I have about 8k miles on mine and they still look great. They are smooth and quiet compared to other m/t's. Before I got the trux's I had a set of ProComp m/t's, they were much louder and seemed to wear faster.

I love cheap, but if the cheap tires wear out faster, it's really not a good deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: