Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2" RE lift installed and VIBES

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJSahara

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: 2" RE lift installed and VIBES Reply with quote

I just installed my 2" RE lift on my 00 TJ auto. Im getting some vibration and I would liek to know if I need a transfer case drop, SYE or will it go away? Thanks
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can probably get away with just putting some washers in between the t-case skid and the frame. That way you don't have to sacrifice a lot of clearance with a full blown drop kit as the vibes are probably minimal in your situation. D44 rear end? I had the same prob back when I ran a spacer lift, just never did anything about it until I went bigger (lazy and all Mr. Green ).
TJSahara

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the D35 Rear, I only get the vibes at low speed but they are there. Will a t-case drop or mml void my warranty?
kitesurferinva

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJSahara wrote:
I have the D35 Rear, I only get the vibes at low speed but they are there. Will a t-case drop or mml void my warranty?

I would suggest doing the 1in MML w/ a 1in BL, gives you more room for articulation, and at the same time, you lift the body/motor so you dont have to worry about the fan shroud. Also, I dont think an SYE is necessary at this point in the game for you, I am looking to move up to 4in springs and I am still considering if It is a necessity at the moment, or just doing a tcase drop till I have the money to do my axles w/ the SYE.

As far as the stealership question, it all depends on who services your heep. I know ALOT of jeeps in my area, many are 03/04 Rubis and Unlimiteds that hvae a 2in BB/1in BL/1in MML and have no problem with warranty work.
Kitesurferinva -98 TJ 2" BB, 1" BL, Big Daddy Rocker Guards, Custom front bumper, SKBpro rear bumper w/ spare tire swing out carrier, 33x12.5 BFG MT's on 15x10 AR Outlaw II's, 2 Hella lights, warn engine and diff skids, Kilby steering skid
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ehirner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warranties can NOT be voided. DCX can deny your claims if they can show some modification you made to the vehicle may have caused the problem. A lift and bigger tires could lead to problems getting t-case or axle work done. But they couldn't deny your claim for paint problems, or a faulty stereo. These are somewhat extreme examples, but it illustrates my point.
TJSahara

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks for the replies
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitesurferinva wrote:
I am looking to move up to 4in springs and I am still considering if It is a necessity at the moment, or just doing a tcase drop till I have the money to do my axles w/ the SYE.

I'd lean more to the SYE for that height. The drop might eliminate the vibes, but it hides the problem more than fixes it. I ran a t-case drop with my 3"ish coils (think I netted about 3.5" outta them) and the driveshaft was hanging onto the tcase output shaft by a wing and a prayer, really wasn't much of a contact patch between the two of them. I ended up popping it out while wheeling once and tore up the output shaft real bad for good measure necessitating the need for a SYE at the point. I put it off originally because it was cheaper to just do the drop, but it hurt more waiting the week or so for parts and time to put it on while the TJ sat in the garage Confused .
kitesurferinva

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'drack wrote:
kitesurferinva wrote:
I am looking to move up to 4in springs and I am still considering if It is a necessity at the moment, or just doing a tcase drop till I have the money to do my axles w/ the SYE.

I'd lean more to the SYE for that height. The drop might eliminate the vibes, but it hides the problem more than fixes it. I ran a t-case drop with my 3"ish coils (think I netted about 3.5" outta them) and the driveshaft was hanging onto the tcase output shaft by a wing and a prayer, really wasn't much of a contact patch between the two of them. I ended up popping it out while wheeling once and tore up the output shaft real bad for good measure necessitating the need for a SYE at the point. I put it off originally because it was cheaper to just do the drop, but it hurt more waiting the week or so for parts and time to put it on while the TJ sat in the garage Confused .

I agree w/ you that its a worthwhile upgrade, problem is $$.. Plan is to do the lift, then the axels (big money) 44 up front w/ locker of some sort and 4.56's, high pinon ford 9in rear w/ disk brake conversion (dial in the pinon angle when I weld the spring perches on), 4.56's and again some sort of locker. Then finally once that is done, it will be time for the SYE, then will be moving up to 35's, and then long arms, and the list keeps going. It took me a year to lay out a plan on how to do this sucker, and IM sure it will change as I go. Thanks again..
Kitesurferinva -98 TJ 2" BB, 1" BL, Big Daddy Rocker Guards, Custom front bumper, SKBpro rear bumper w/ spare tire swing out carrier, 33x12.5 BFG MT's on 15x10 AR Outlaw II's, 2 Hella lights, warn engine and diff skids, Kilby steering skid
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: