Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FM2CD Camping trip (local) VA

Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where would you like to camp out??
Big Levels
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Shoe Creek
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Try to do both??
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: FM2CD Camping trip (local) VA Reply with quote

How about camping this year?? Lets see where everyone wants to camp?? Then we can discuss dates Mr. Green

Last edited by Billy's89XJ on Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chuck's Girl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved driving Godzilla at Big Levels, especially that knarly trail. Love to explore more up there. Christopher votes Shoe Creek rofl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put both...but don't really care either way...just wanna wheel (and see this 'zilla of course) rofl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for big levels. It's a lot bigger then shoe creek. There was a lot that we didn't go on the day we went last year. By camping, that would enable us to spend the two days up there exploring. From the schedule we are talking about doing big levels in April. If we do mid to late april, we can camp too.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen2Goofy wrote:
I voted for big levels. It's a lot bigger then shoe creek. There was a lot that we didn't go on the day we went last year. By camping, that would enable us to spend the two days up there exploring. From the schedule we are talking about doing big levels in April. If we do mid to late april, we can camp too.

I say lets go for it!! Who's up for late april and camping??
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this an FM2CD exclusive? or can I go (I am seriously thinking about joining, but have not yet...)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the more the merrier I always say.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on out!! It will be a blast Mr. Green Big levels is a awesome place!!
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we could do 4/16-4/17, 4/23-4/24, or 4/30-5/1???
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since I'm invited, any will work Mr. Green But my preference would be with 4/30-5/1.....the 29th is my last day of Spring semester here at EMU Finger

on a side note that no one really needs to know....I might be transferring out of this place mid year next year....I dunno yet
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We like the idea of the 30th-1st. Hopefully nice warm temps Mr. Green
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trail system at Big Levels is not all that large. We saw 85% of it during last years trip (the only part we did not see has one obstacle then dead ends). I'm not sure how many people will want to lug out all the gear to camp at Shoe Creek or Big Levels since they are trails that our members can drive to, wheel on and drive home in a day. Especially considering that we already have 2 camping trips on the schedule already (not including Camp Jeep).

Another option for a camping trip would be up around Harrisonburg. It's far enough away that most of us could not make a day trip up there and there's 4-5 different trail systems up there...even if we camped for 2 nights we wouldn't be able to see it all.

My $0.02

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we did go up to Harrisonburg area to wheel and camp, we are talking later in the season. Steve and Dale would first need to find the time to go scouting then we can plan the tip.

Also something else to think about, we can still go to big levels, but only wheel one day. The second day do something different. I remember a lake being up there and Steve telling me Dale and Angie went up there once to go canoeing. We could go to the lake, canoe, fish, and swim?

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other thing to keep in mind is what I stated before...we already have 2 camping trips on the books, LBL in the spring and Uwharrie in the fall. Harrisonburg would be a 3rd camping trip. None of this includes Camp Jeep, if there is one.

If some of us want to camp out at Big Levels after the ride in April that's fine...but the FM2CD sanctioned ride to Big Levels will be considered a day trip. Any camping will be seperate from that ride.

Personally, mid-April would proabably work best. Dale and I want to try to use early May to scout out around Harrisonburg, so doing Big Levels in early May won't work.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thephantum wrote:
The other thing to keep in mind is what I stated before...we already have 2 camping trips on the books, LBL in the spring and Uwharrie in the fall. Harrisonburg would be a 3rd camping trip. None of this includes Camp Jeep, if there is one.

If some of us want to camp out at Big Levels after the ride in April that's fine...but the FM2CD sanctioned ride to Big Levels will be considered a day trip. Any camping will be seperate from that ride.

Personally, mid-April would proabably work best. Dale and I want to try to use early May to scout out around Harrisonburg, so doing Big Levels in early May won't work.

Hey I wanna go scouting too Sad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: