Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

98 cherokee classic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ovarevalution

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: 98 cherokee classic Reply with quote

hey guys, i just signed up to this forum. My names Matt im 17 and just got myself a 98 red cherokee classic. Its alot of fun but i want to be able to go of-roading without any problems so i was looking at some lift kits, i think im pretty set on a 3.5 inch lift....any suggestions though in brands or anything, also i want to get a set of 31 x 11.5 tires with black rock crawlers. does anyone have a picture of what this would look like or anything. I'm looking forward to this, so if you can help me out in anyway possible that would be sweet. thanks guys
CoreyXJ
Turkish
Turkish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a picture of my XJ with a 3.5" Rubicon Express lift and 31x10.5 tires....

Rubicon Express is a great kit... RE6010 was what I used. There are many other lifts out there so do your homework before you spend lots of money on one.
31x11.5 tires will probably rub unless you did some body mods like fender trim removal and wheel well cutting.... Just for your info

Good luck and can't wait to see it lifted.
CoreyXJ

"Do what you love to do...the money will eventually follow" - I. Larry
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, the two best 3" lifts out there are OME (3") and RE (3.5"). The OME lift is the cream of the crop. It will net you closer to 3.5" and ride awesome...of course your gonna pay for that.

The RE 3.5" is a very close second in terms of quality and less expensive then the OME kit.

HTH

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Huey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are classics 4x4's??
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure all the ones that have 4X4 on them (from the factory) are
4 Wheel drive......

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ovarevalution

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i also had another question, for some reason the stock CD player has alot of trouble playing burnt CDs, some do not play at all, and with others only certain songs work, i know the CDs are fine because iv used them other places, just wondering if anyone knew anything i could do...thanks
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovarevalution wrote:
hey i also had another question, for some reason the stock CD player has alot of trouble playing burnt CDs, some do not play at all, and with others only certain songs work, i know the CDs are fine because iv used them other places, just wondering if anyone knew anything i could do...thanks

It's probably the player. The stock one is a POS. You could try cleaning it with one of those kits, but I've never had much luck with those things. Your best bet is gonna be to go aftermarket. I prefer Kenwood and Pioneer myself...

Huey wrote:
Are classics 4x4's??

The trim package has absolutley nothing to do with whether or not an XJ is a 4x4. Rolling Eyes

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CoreyXJ
Turkish
Turkish

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovarevalution wrote:
hey i also had another question, for some reason the stock CD player has alot of trouble playing burnt CDs

What the phantum said....

The stock CD players are (for lack of a better term) "single laser" CD mech's where as aftermarket and newer CD players are "triple laser" mech's. The extra lasers are necessary for the unit to decode burnt CD's. An old OEM CD player usually won't play them no matter how loud you curse at it.

CoreyXJ

"Do what you love to do...the money will eventually follow" - I. Larry
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: