Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aftermarket Drag Link

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Aftermarket Drag Link Reply with quote

I'm trying to sort out my TJ's steering woes and I've embarked on a quest to upgrade various components. I've come up with Rusty's and Currie's steering system. Does anybody know of stronger drag links which will fit a TJ. Well and other than thi$. Any other thoughts?
quadna71

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

troy,
i'd say that currie's will fit your bill quite nicely. i myself am still running the stock draglink with my second ZJ tierod (gotta love napa's one year warranty) in the stock configuration. of all the problems i've had with steering i'd have to say that the drop bracket and adjustable trackbar fixed them the best. it took away the "stiffness" when steering and all but eliminated any bumpsteer issues i had at the time. i wanted RE's version - but with it backordered forever i just went with RK's drop and arm. made a big difference! i know this isn't really the part(s) you're looking at but thought i'd just throw it out for something to think about.
chris (still wishing ORO would drop their prices)
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chris, that's good info to keep in mind. And yeah, I wish ORO wasn't trying to finance the national debt. Wink
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll throw my vote in for the Rusty's kit. Currie woulda been nice, but for the cash difference, I'm happy with the Rusty's setup.....that is after you get it installed correctly. Instructions, or lack there of were miserable at best. Guess that doesn't answer your question of "any other suggestions besides Rusty or Currie" though does it flipoff agree Mr. Green .
Black2001TJ
Leopard Skin
Leopard Skin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love my rusty's, again, price was the issue!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: