Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time to spend some money!!!!!!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drake69

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Time to spend some money!!!!!! Reply with quote

Finally got both federal and state tax returns, and those plus an extra $550 gives me about $2400 to spend on upgrades. So, looking at:

1: Four-Real Steel Front Bumper w/ Winch Mount

2: Four-Real Steel Rear Bumper w/ 2" receiver hitch

3: Four-Real Steel Tire Carrier

4: A GOOD winch (hadn't made up my mind on this one yet, looks to be a Warn product at least...)

I'm also waiting on word from Vic on what he's found for skid plates at his local bone-yard to armor up the underside of the Jeep. I may switch from the rear bumper to Four-Real Steel's Roof Rack w/ tire carrier, but I like the option of the receiver hitch and other possible stuff like Jerry cans, so long as it doesn't block my view too much. Any ideas would be appreciated. Mr. Green

Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets seee how about a Keg party, a crap load of Jack and Coke, some dancers, DJ and all your buddies from FM2CD rofl rofl rofl rofl I might be going to the bone yard this weekend, need to find a few things for Kristy's XJ. I'll be spending all of today getting it ready to paint it. Cuttin the Fender flares off, sanding it, etc. Already cut her grille out last nite like zilla's Mr. Green
Drake69

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vic's89XJ wrote:
Lets seee how about a Keg party, a crap load of Jack and Coke, some dancers, DJ and all your buddies from FM2CD rofl rofl rofl rofl

too funny too funny

Vic's89XJ wrote:
I might be going to the bone yard this weekend, need to find a few things for Kristy's XJ. I'll be spending all of today getting it ready to paint it. Cuttin the Fender flares off, sanding it, etc. Already cut her grille out last nite like zilla's Mr. Green

Cool. Keep me in mind on the skid stuff. How's the new XJ coming along? Settled on how you wanna lift her?

Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drake69 wrote:
Vic's89XJ wrote:
Lets seee how about a Keg party, a crap load of Jack and Coke, some dancers, DJ and all your buddies from FM2CD rofl rofl rofl rofl

too funny too funny

Vic's89XJ wrote:
I might be going to the bone yard this weekend, need to find a few things for Kristy's XJ. I'll be spending all of today getting it ready to paint it. Cuttin the Fender flares off, sanding it, etc. Already cut her grille out last nite like zilla's Mr. Green

Cool. Keep me in mind on the skid stuff. How's the new XJ coming along? Settled on how you wanna lift her?

Yep 2" BB RE coil from zilla and your old 3aad. Got shocks from Auto Zone, so we are ready to wrench, soon as mine and Steve's goodies arrive Mr. Green I'll post pics of it later once it's painted
Drake69

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vic's89XJ wrote:
Yep 2" BB RE coil from zilla and your old 3aad. Got shocks from Auto Zone, so we are ready to wrench, soon as mine and Steve's goodies arrive Mr. Green I'll post pics of it later once it's painted

Awesome. I just called Anthony at Swiss Mtn 4x4 and left a message to call me back about the winch and whether or not he can get me that bumper. Hopefully he'll call today... dancing banana dancing banana dancing banana

Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like you will be buying the pizza for everyone at the next wrenching party.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
Chuck's Girl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen2Goofy wrote:
sounds like you will be buying the pizza for everyone at the next wrenching party.

Party time!!!! rofl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
majikxms

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen2Goofy wrote:

Don't forget assorted lunch meats and cheese!!!

Vic's89XJ wrote:
Got shocks from Auto Zone, so we are ready to wrench, soon as mine and Steve's goodies arrive

Vic, did you go with the Gabriel Ultra's and in the same sizes we were talking about (94 YJ front and ZJ rear)?
Drake69

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just got off the phone with Anthony at Swiss Mtn, and if he can do what I'm looking for, I WILL throw a party for it!!!! I'll keep ya' moochies posted!!!!! rofl rofl rofl

Drake69

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, things are looking good. They can give me a great price on the winch and front bumper, but can't order the rear bumper right now because Daystar/Four-Real is redesigning it. So, I'll end up getting the roof rack and tire mount for now, and eventually will get the rear bumper later on. Since the roof rack will have multiple uses later on, like a place for the Hi-Lift jack and an array of Wal-Mart lights on it rofl , I feel justified getting it now. I can always remove the tire mount and relocate the tire to the rear bumper when I get one.

Warn 9.5ti + F/R Front Bumper + F/R Roof Rack w/ tire mount, aluminum panels, and base = $1900 give-or-take.

Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you have plenty of $$$ left over to feed everyone pizza and various lunch meats.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
majikxms

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen2Goofy wrote:
So you have plenty of $$$ left over to feed everyone pizza and various lunch meats.

Don't forget the cheese!!! tool
Drake69

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's definitely what it looks like. Now if I can just get everything shipped to me, I'll be happy... Mr. Green Very Happy Mr. Green

Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

majikxms wrote:
Jen2Goofy wrote:

Don't forget the cheese!!! tool

Hell don't forget the beer rofl rofl
Drake69

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you and Steve gotten your stuff yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: