Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Offroad park in June/July?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Offroad park in June/July?
Yes - Paragon Aventure Park (PA)
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Yes - Raucsh Creek Offroad Park (PA)
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
No - I'll flex on the curb
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Offroad park in June/July? Reply with quote

Jen brought this up over the weekend. I think it's a good idea, so I'm puting it out to all....

In the event there is no Camp Jeep this year (which looks like it will be the case), who's up for a trip to Paragon, Rausch Creek or Kentucky Outback adventure park in either June of July?

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Last edited by ThePhantum on Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drake69

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to choose, they all look really gnarly! I went with Raush, looks pretty good.

ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit more info to help in the decision making. These are distances/times as calculated from Ruther Glen.

Raucsh Creek - 234 miles - Just over 4 hours

Paragon - 273 miles - Almost 5 hours

Kentucky Outback Adventure Park - 460 miles - Just over 8 hours

With us already going to LBL in March, I think we should rule another long drive to Kentucky out...so I pulled it from the poll.

The good thing about limiting our choices to PA is that we could possibly work it out and meet some of the PA/NJ folks up there. Maybe we can even get 'drack to wheel his Jeep this year. rofl

Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raucsh Creek Mr. Green
majikxms

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paragon people....Paragon!!!
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Rausch Creek. There are a couple of reasons why. One they are cheeper.

Two:

Quote:
What are the trails like? The trail network consists of existing forest roads and trails that were cut open by hand with the help of several 4wd clubs. The trails are marked with signs and maps are provided. The trails are rated green (easy), blue (intermediate), black (hard), and red (extreme). Several trails have many bypasses so that groups of different levels can run a trail together. If you like mud, check out the West property, several of the green-blue trails are very muddy. When you check your group in, speak to one of the club officers for help in picking trails to run. Our parking/staging area is located on the perimeter of the forest, so you will encounter trails of all levels within moments of your group leaving the parking area.

and

Quote:
Many of the “club'' trails have a lower rating, but have multiple “hard” obstacles as a challenging option. It is not uncommon to see competition rock crawlers on the same trail as a stock vehicle with both drivers attaining the same level of “pucker factor”, without destroying their vehicles completely.

This way we can all go together on the trails. Does Paragon have buypasses on some of their more difficult trails? If not this mean breaking up into smaller groups, and well, F that.

Three: I have heard of paragon and many people going there, I havent' heard of Raucsh Creek so hopefully the place will not be crowling with people.

Four: they are a non-profit orginization.

Quote:
Rausch Creek Off Road Park is a Pennsylvania non profit organization devoted to providing a fun legal place for 4x4 off road clubs and organizations to go "wheeling."

Also I vote we go in July.

Here is their web site: http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/home.asp

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

July is cool with us Mr. Green
BlueJ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you pick Paragon or Rausch Creek and want a guide, let me know, I've guided my group (delaware jeep association) both places plenty of times. I'd love to wheel with you folks... Mr. Green
ylojelo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

June would be better with me, unless its the last weekend of July (Im booked all the other weekends).

Rausch Creek sounds good. Has anyone heard of Big Dogs- I think its in VA Oh here's the link: http://www.bigdogsoffroad.com/ just throwing it out there Mr. Green
Drake69

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Raucsh Creek - 234 miles - Just over 4 hours"

dancing banana dancing banana dancing banana

Let's do it!!!!

ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Dale...we'll get our way and go to Paragon next year. Finger

J, as far as Big Dogs...we'll see what we can work out. Maybe we can re-sched Big Levels and do the April "Ice Breaker" instead. Mr. Green

As far as a date for Raucsh Creek, I put it out in Events. I'd like to see some of the MD/PA/NJ folks come out for this one. So they should have some input on the date.

Quote:
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vic, Allen I have a question for you two. What was your reasoning behind choosing Rousch Creek?

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen2Goofy wrote:
Vic, Allen I have a question for you two. What was your reasoning behind choosing Rousch Creek?

Just heard things sbout it more, really doesn't matter, I'll go anywhere rofl
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Rausch Creek Reply with quote

I would love to go to either place, I take it that this would be a camping trip? I am working at least one day every weekend in June and July except for the weekend of the 4th of July and July 30/31. July 4th pull hair (too many people), I vote for the last weekend in July, of course, I don't have a vote yet Crying or Very sad soon to be fixed Mr. Green

David
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Drake69

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen2Goofy wrote:

I really could have gone either way. Both looked good, so if everybody wants Paragon, I'm sure we'd have just as much fun there as Rausch.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: