Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smittybilts new rock crawler line

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Smittybilts new rock crawler line Reply with quote

smittybilt came out with SRC which is its rock crawer series of products.
I really like this bumper

Quote:

When you need the toughest, most durable bumper system ever created, look to the Smittybilt Rock Crawler Series. These heavy duty bumpers are designed for off road use & abuse. Durable powder coat painted 2” x .120 wall tubes or 1/4” steel plate protects your front end from those rock and obstacles. Center section features a wide opening allowing for installation of a winch & winch plate, and four light tabs for auxiliary lights.
Each bumper has been designed for the off-road enthusiast with sloping ends for greater tire travel and enhanced entry/exit. Available in Textured Black and Smittybilt’s Titanium finish.

also a rear tire carrier is offered

Quote:
The perfect add-on to your Jeep® when you have oversized tires. Original tailgates are unable to support the weight of an oversized tire- especially when you are off road. This bumper mount tire carrier takes the load off the tailgate and puts it on the frame mounted bumper. Each tire carrier incorporates a grease fitting to keep the hinge mechanism running smooth. Constructed of only the finest materials and dual stage powder coat painted, this heavy duty off road design is built to last.
Available in both Textured Black and the New Titanium finish to match the Rock Crawler Front Bumpers.

What do you all think about smittybilt and it's products. The front bumper is $300 and some change while the rear tire carrier is under $500

My Morning Jacket
ehirner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember reading that Smittybuilt bought Rusted Pony....might wanna take caution with these "new" products.
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who makes it? ShittyBuilt?

Muffler tubing not a bumper make

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never sure of smittybilt's reputation, I always thought that it was a step up from steel horse, but not sure of how well it stacks up to other bumpers like that. Also what about the Four Real bumper's, any good?

I have to admit that I still like it's design

My Morning Jacket
Drake69

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithtj wrote:
I was never sure of smittybilt's reputation, I always thought that it was a step up from steel horse, but not sure of how well it stacks up to other bumpers like that. Also what about the Four Real bumper's, any good?

I have to admit that I still like it's design

Everything I've seen about FRS (Four-Real Steel) kicks a$$. I'm ordering one now for a Warn 9.5ti winch, and Steve aka thephantum already has one installed on his XJ.

swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a Superwinch EP9 it was only 550 and its on hell of a nice winch.. My buddy has the TI on his TJ and last night I pulled him across a parking lot after he tried to pull my Jeep and couldnt... (Both of us autos In park... Mr. Green ) Just a thought.. In case you find it hard to spend a grand on a winch.. LIke I did.. Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Drake69

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swamp boy wrote:
I just bought a Superwinch EP9 it was only 550 and its on hell of a nice winch.. My buddy has the TI on his TJ and last night I pulled him across a parking lot after he tried to pull my Jeep and couldnt... (Both of us autos In park... Mr. Green ) Just a thought.. In case you find it hard to spend a grand on a winch.. LIke I did.. Sad

I spent $860, so it's not too bad. Wink

Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's floated around that Smittybuilt has rust issues, but I'm sure they are better quality since they bought Steel Horse. rofl
KnightFire

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sad, I've seen thsoe bumpers and said to myself, those are pretty nice!

Started pricing and what not, was pleasantly surprised, then I noticed who made them...Smittybilt...I will NEVER buy ANYTHING from Smittybilt again.

Their stuff rusts from under the paint which points to extremely poor craftsmanship and quality control. I've yet to see anything made from Smittybilt that didn't have "rust issues". My tubular side steps from S#ittybilt lasted 15 months before rust from under the paint completely destroyed them.

KnightFire

Amsoil Dealer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the input, I know that I'm staying away!

My Morning Jacket
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Tech All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: