Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

first pics of my jeep

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ovarevalution

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: first pics of my jeep Reply with quote

alright i just took some pictures yesterday of my jeep after i explored behind some houses. the sign said no trespassing, but no one was around so i went for it. anyway it was alot of fun, here are some pics

for some reason my left front headlight came loose and now is just woobleing around in there. i removed the plastic cover and noticed that some screws are missing, and while repostioning the light, i heard something inside fall and land below the light, i think it was the missing scew, but lucky for me the light still works fine

1fox2go

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whenever you see no tresspassing signs or posted do me and all of us other wheelers and favor and dont go there...if you were to get caught they would say"damn four wheelers have no respect" that gives us all a bad reputation...other than that muddy jeep looks cool
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1fox2go wrote:
whenever you see no tresspassing signs or posted do me and all of us other wheelers and favor and dont go there...if you were to get caught they would say"damn four wheelers have no respect" that gives us all a bad reputation...other than that muddy jeep looks cool

x2.

Nothing causes us problems faster than ignoring trespassing signs.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What they said. The property owners clearly posted no tresspassing signs. They were obviously clear...you saw them. Even if you didn't get caught, you left evidence behind...tire tracks at a minimum. People see this and blame the entire wheeling community.

It's actions like these that make it very difficult to keep legal trails open. pissed

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: first pics of my jeep Reply with quote

ovarevalution wrote:
. the sign said no trespassing, but no one was around so i went for it.

What the hell???? Shocked

Are you completly out of your mind???

Breaking the law and then coming on the internet to tell everyone that you did it is amongst the stupidest things anyone has ever done...

What you did makes all of us look like idiots.. It is not cool to ride on private property..
And it is even more uncool to tell people you did it...

Please dont do this again.....

You should find a nice legal place to ride.. Surely someone is near you and will go with you .. It cant be hard to find at least one place to go ..

I know how it feels to want to go and not have anywhere to go.. I spend more money and time on my rig than you can even imagine and I want to wheel so bad its crazy .. But I will not go and blatantly break the law for a little fun.. I wait til I have time .. I drive 3 hours to the nearest offroad park and I break my shit like I am supposed to..

Try that.. It is much more satisfying to do that.. And when you post pics wheeling in a real park everyone will tell you how cool you are instead of flaming you...
Smile

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto with all above.......jeesh some of us work real hard to keep the trails open. Thousands of us realy try....but all it takes is one moron to ruin it for all of us. Outlaw offroaders like your self realy make a mess of the hardwork of countless others.

Last time I looked, No Trespassing signs mean "Stay the hell outta here!"

pissed

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
quadna71

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um, ditto on all the above stuff. if it were my property i'd be out looking for you.

that said, were you going to expand on your jeep or the problem with the light housing? if it was just an adjustment boltt and you can't find it - go to pep boys and grab a few new ones in the "help" section. autozone and advanced will suffice too. other than that - nice looking jeep. please try to keep it in a legal place next time - later!
chris
ovarevalution

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: whoa Reply with quote

whoa guys, i now the sign said no trespassing but its in the back of a houseing community that 5 of my friends live in, its a contruction traffic road that all the people in the community use to make the commute to the mall easier, if it werent for that road it would take 15 minutes instead of 5. thats said, its not like i went someplace completly unfamilur and decided to break the law, i know most the people that live around there and i know MANY people that have done what i have done without any reprocusions what so ever. I know that breaking the law is breaking the law no matter what excuses i make, sorry i offended many of you, i dont mean to bring any negativity to this community. sorry guys.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all good ..As long as you dont do it again... Smile

So anyway.. Whats up with the headlight?? And I guess I didnt say before..
Thats a nice looking jeep.. I have always liked Red and Brown..... Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: whoa Reply with quote

ovarevalution wrote:
whoa guys, i now the sign said no trespassing but its in the back of a houseing community that 5 of my friends live in, its a contruction traffic road that all the people in the community use to make the commute to the mall easier, if it werent for that road it would take 15 minutes instead of 5. thats said, its not like i went someplace completly unfamilur and decided to break the law, i know most the people that live around there and i know MANY people that have done what i have done without any reprocusions what so ever. I know that breaking the law is breaking the law no matter what excuses i make, sorry i offended many of you, i dont mean to bring any negativity to this community. sorry guys.

Just because other people use the road doesn't make it right or legal. The sign said no trespassing. Respect the property owner's wishes and stay off what isn't yours. It gives all of us a bad name.
ovarevalution

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so yea the headlight is messed up, for some reason i just looked at it the other day and it was just like hanging forward a little bit so I unscrewed the plastic boarder thing, and i saw that above the headlight there was a screw and on the headlight there was like a little peice where those should be connected but they werent, and also on the sides of the light there are two pieces that look like they should have screws in them to hold the light in place but they arnt there. so im going to have to stop by someplace and look for the right screws, hopefully it wont be to bad.
quadna71

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they're usually a couple of bucks for 3 or 4 - "Help" isle in the parts stores. prepackaged nitnoid stuff for fixing all vehicles.
chris
T.O.W. Vehicle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The sign said no trespassing, but no one was around so i went for it."

So your saying it's OK for me to just kick in your door and eat from your refrigerator while no one's around too, right?

We have to act civil and obey the rights of others, 4 wheelers or not. Otherwise I'd just bet ya silly and take your junk. What kind of world would that be?

Evil or Very Mad

Sounds like your young. Listen to these good people and learn from them and you won't be making the same mistakes others have.

I drive daily at my line of work. You can find me daydreaming lots about the many dirt roads I find. I must use restraint though until I gather enough information about the place to make darn sure I'm welcomed there.

Good luck wander carefully!
Warn X8000i winch, Warn Rock Bumpers
RE 4.5"Super Flex Lift
AA HD SYE
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Shrockguards
Tellico & Windrock Tested & Customized!!!!
Huey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if your gonna go balls out and tresspass get your jeep a little bit more muddy next time. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Photo Album All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: