Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XJ brake lines

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fragnar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: XJ brake lines Reply with quote

Hi all you XJ owners out there. I have a bit of a dilemma. I am puttinng a 3 inch lift kit on my 1992 Cherokee as well as replacing all the items in the brakes including discs,drums, pads, shoes as well as all springs, calipers and cylinders and stuff.. I already have the brake hoses for the lift kit but am scared to touch the brake lines becouse they look very rusty so I prefer not to touch them until I have new lines in situ. I need to know if any of you have been able to locate stainless steel brake lines for this vehicle anywhere? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Fridrik R.
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the rubber ones, I did Wrangler on mine for my 5" lift. I think Corey XJ said Bob Surplee?? Sells them. They are available from Rubion Express too. Just soak them good with WD-40 and use a GOOD brake line wrench!!
SDJeeprr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fragnar,

I'm assuming you are looking for the "hard lines" to which your flex hoses will attach.

I'm not sure where to find them in Iceland, but here in California, you can find the stainless steel lines in various lengths at some auto parts stores like NAPA.

3/16" stainless steel brake line is very popular on boat trailers here too, so most trailer supply stores carry pre-made lengths as well as raw tubing and fittings so you can make your own. Just make sure you have quality tools to make the inverted flare. Stainless is harder to work with but worth the effort.
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats true NAPA here sells brake lines, just bend them how you need them, if you're looking for the ones on the frame. Soak them good and you should be fine. I just did my 89 and no problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: