Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TrXus MT's...where to buy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: TrXus MT's...where to buy Reply with quote

So since the XJ is sitting at 3" now, Vic's gonna buy my 30" BFG's and I'm gonna step up to a 31" TrXus MT. I know a bunch of you folks run & love them and I'm wondering where you ordered them from.

Oh yea, anyone know the difference between these two part numbers?
RXM-052R 31X10.50R15LTRWL
RXM-05R 31X10.50R15LT

TIA

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine from 4wheelparts - I wasn't happy at all with the experience I had with them. I think National Tire also carries them for about the same price and given your location, might get them to you quicker.
Oh yeah, RWL probably means raised white letter.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking that too...but I would think white letters would cost more. From OK4WD (http://www.ok4wd.com/product.asp?id=82)

RXM-052R 31X10.50R15LTRWL $115.95

RXM-05R 31X10.50R15LT $125.95

WTF?

Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also used 4WheelParts for mine.

They did have the best price delivered to my door that I could find.

That is even after thier "Free Shipping" bullshit. They charged me $10 per tire "handling" fee that isnt mentioned anywhere on thier site untill you get to the final purchasing page. Even with the extra $10 bucks they were still cheaper than anywhere else I could find.

They have 0, nada, zero, nutin' customer service. They will tell you that the tires are shipping via UPS or Fedex but that is again bullshit from them. They go common carrier and in my case I had to take off from work to recieve them. The freight companies dont drop off stuff without a signature whereas UPS or Fedex would have just left them at my front door.

They dont answer emails at all, so dont bother trying to get ahold of them with that method. Call instead. When my tires didnt show up in the 4-7 working days like promised I started emailing them and never got a responce. After a few days of that I called them. BTW I could never get threw on thier 1-800 number......ever. I got right threw and was on hold for an hour on thier regular(my dime) number. At this point Im told they had just shipped the day before via a common carrier and I was given the bill of laiding and the shippers phone number. The number they gave me was wrong....surprisesurprise pissed But I was able to find thier website and get there toll free number. The shipping company was very nice and emailed me updates as the tires shipped to me from Florida.

So 4WheelParts is a cheap option as long as your aware of the pitfalls and lack of thier service where they are teh suck!

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I've had problems with 4Wheelparts myself. I actually did find the MT's someplace for a little cheaper. ==> http://www.tyres1.com They are located in Ohio (not too far away) but they don't give shipping prices online. Confused

I'm gonna call them in a few days and see what shipping will cost.

Quote:
ehirner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK4WD told me when I bought mine that Interco stopped making the white sidewall lettering version of the 31s. I don't know if that's true or not. Either way, I got the raised black letter version for the white letter price.

I ordered my first set of Trxus MTs (the 255s for the 99) from 4wheelparts. I skimmed through Todd's response and basically have the same opinion. Customer service sucks.

I'll have a set of 5 31" Trxus available sometime soon hopefully. There's just over 3k on them now but I have to decided what tires I'm going to go with on the Unlimited.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just let me know when you're ready. If I haven't bought a set by then, I'll take them off your hands. Wink

Quote:
1fox2go

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me know also just curious about the price
Orng Beep

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking at the Trxus MT's. Found a TirePackage.com w/ 31X10.5R15 for 110.99 each. No shipping. Has anyone heard of this site?
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked that site...they list the 31" MT's for $130.99, which is one of the highest prices I've seen...and they want to charge $45.85 for shipping on 5 tires.

Quote:
1fox2go

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eavers tire in draft can get em...they told me 130 or so a tire and you dont pay the shipping if i heard them correct
ehirner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$130 each for 31x10.5R15 Trxus MTs is about the going price.
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: TrXus MT's...where to buy Reply with quote

thephantum wrote:
So since the XJ is sitting at 3" now, Vic's gonna buy my 30" BFG's and I'm gonna step up to a 31" TrXus MT. I know a bunch of you folks run & love them and I'm wondering where you ordered them from.

Oh yea, anyone know the difference between these two part numbers?
RXM-052R 31X10.50R15LTRWL
RXM-05R 31X10.50R15LT

TIA

Steve

Yea they will look oh so good on Kristy's XJ Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Tires All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: