Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XJ Rear-ended!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
quadna71

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: XJ Rear-ended! Reply with quote

inattentive drivers suck!!!! Evil or Very Mad

i was sitting at a stoplight in dover today when i got rear-ended in the xj. the light was still red - i guess he didn't notice the line of 7 vehicles waiting for it to change. i was the last in line - just wrong place at the wrong time

rear hatch - trashed
rear bumper - trashed
rear tail lights - trashed
rear quarter up to the door - trashed (buckled)
rear interior trim - trashed (it buckled inward as well)
rear black louvered window trim - trashed (picked up along w/tail lights)
roof line - kind of trashed (cool side to side crease in it now)

??? just sucks since i've been working my tail off to get this in tip-top shape! oh well, at least shelly (my dog) and i are okay - and thankfully Erica was at work and not in the Jeep.

ironic part was - the 60+ year old driver of the reefer truck that nailed me said, "Dang, two months ago I did this exact same thing...but totalled two other cars that time. Sure hope my boss doesn't get mad at me again!" pull hair:
Drake69

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: XJ Rear-ended! Reply with quote

quadna71 wrote:
ironic part was - the 60+ year old driver of the reefer truck that nailed me said, "Dang, two months ago I did this exact same thing...but totalled two other cars that time. Sure hope my boss doesn't get mad at me again!" pull hair:

Ohh, that's just classic. I'd get a lawyer and try to keep him from getting behind the wheel ever again.

ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that man. I know you just got that thing too. Like you said, the important part is everyone is OK....

Having said that....I know would have grabbed my maglite and beat the guy on the spot if he said that to me.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, that really sucks. I'm glad that you're okay, but I agree.... pull hair pull hair pull hair
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that, glad you're okay.
quadna71

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, his insurance company is totalling the XJ...but....looks like we found a replacement XJ already! 5 years older, half the miles, and loaded (laredo). now just waiting for the check from the other insurance company Smile
chris
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if they're going to total it, I guess it's better that they do it before you put much effort into it. And it sounds like you sound a sweet deal. Wink
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear about your wreck. that always sucks! At least you and your pup are OK!

My Morning Jacket
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it your insurance company's responsibility to total or repair? Actually, I know here in PA, it's the owner's choice. I could have forced the insurance companies to repair my black TJ but chose to have it totalled than deal with the headaches down the road.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you are OK..

Are you going to do a buy back and cut it into a badass trail rig... Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
quadna71

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm gonna buy it back, keep the 30 axleshafts, swap the hollow hp30 for a d30 keep the front shaft, spare tire, radio, and then sell it to a friend so he can have the HO in it for a rock project. he can part out the rest. i have my hands full with my tj already!
chris
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man....if Carl cuts up a perfectly good ZJ for a trail rig...I'd like to see what he could do to a totaled one Mr. Green rofl rofl
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
quadna71

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**update**

the other guy's insurance had totalled the '94 xj - today i finally was given the check for it and we passed off the title (not much of an offer for buying back). then, after cashing the check we went out and bought another xj! this one is an '87 laredo with half the miles on it and in much better condition. i'll put up a post on it soon in the photo album.
later Smile
chris
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quadna71 wrote:
**update**

the other guy's insurance had totalled the '94 xj - today i finally was given the check for it and we passed off the title (not much of an offer for buying back). then, after cashing the check we went out and bought another xj! this one is an '87 laredo with half the miles on it and in much better condition. i'll put up a post on it soon in the photo album.
later Smile
chris

Cool Beans!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: