Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shoe Creek Trail directions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
workforbiscuits

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Shoe Creek Trail directions Reply with quote

Hey I was at your website looking at the pics of your most recent Shoe Creek visit. A couple of my friends and I are taking are jeeps there for spring break and I was wondering where you guys got the trail directions from? If you guys have any GPS cords. that would be great. I also heard that Crab Tree Falls is connected to Shoe Creek, is this true?
Thanks a bunch.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The parking lot for Crabtree Falls is directly off the trail on the northside of the AT. You can find a list of waypoints and trackpoints here that will get you to the southside entrance.

HTH

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nateo101

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just went back there this past sunday.....if you approach it from the crabtree falls side(northside) there is a steep hill with a good bit of snow still on it. Some of us couldn't get up that hill.....might not hurt to go a little bit later in the week and let some of that melt. That area got about 4" on saturday but should be good to go later on. The hill we are talking about wouldbe the only bad place to watch.
Chuck's Girl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are expecting more snow today, Tuesday, and on Thursday and Friday. So that said you should expect there to be some snow at most times on this trail. When we where there the north side this hill seemed to have the most snow.

Okay, if you take the hill in low gear and in 4-wheel drive I see no for seeable problems. As I was the one rig in our group (FM2CD) that we where concerned with as I didn't have much grip on my tires(not really suitable for Snow use). I made it up the hill with no problems. I was aired down and also disconnected. Take it easy and you should make it up. But when coming down the hill(that is if you decide to turn around after making it up the hill) the rig took it's own way down. LOL Also stay in 4 low and in 1st gear. I am sure one of the other members can chime in here, too. Hope you enjoy your trip.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
majikxms

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we need to add anything Kristy...that was perfect in every way.
Chuck's Girl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

majikxms wrote:

thanks

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, Kristy said it pretty well. Her tires were practically bald and she made it up with very little effort. Going up wasn't the issue...it was going down the hill that got hairy. I'm on MT's with lots of tread and I slip-slided all the way down, but I went up in 4lo, 3rd gear with no problems....

...but then again, I'm nuts...stay in 4lo, 1st gear and you should go right up.

Have fun!

Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

majikxms wrote:

I agree, GOOD JOB thumbs
Stevo02TJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just second everyone, and say that I have the BFG AT's (the ones that everyone raves about that is so good in the snow/rain) and I Was slipping some...so just watch out, and keep it in 1st gear/4-lo (like everyone else has said) thumbs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
scottsxj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we made it up that hill in minivan on a scout trip, and that was covered in ice. Thats not to say it literally took two hours but we made it none the less, after lots of pushing. lol fun times.
ylojelo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I m on a new set of revos and I dont remember slipping at all, up or down. Mr. Green
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ylojelo wrote:
I m on a new set of revos and I dont remember slipping at all, up or down. Mr. Green

Yea, but you didn't meet NASCAR minimum track speed going down like I did. rofl

Quote:
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thephantum wrote:
ylojelo wrote:

Same here, hell I think I got the pole Mr. Green rofl rofl rofl rofl
ylojelo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thephantum wrote:
ylojelo wrote:

Actually, I was had started into lunch early and was busy eating Mr. Green
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: