Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you think of emachine computers?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: What do you think of emachine computers? Reply with quote

What do you all think of emachine computer Wal-Mart sells??

eMachines W3050 desktop PC
17" CRT monitor
AMD Sempron 3000+ processor
512 MB RAM
80 GB hard drive
DVD+/-RW multiformat drive
8-in-1 media card reader
nVidia GeForce4 MX Graphics
Set of desktop speakers

kygreenyj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not too bad, I hav an E-Machine laptop and its been pretty good. they have thier issues but so do all computers, an they don;t like beer fro soem reason.

As for that computer see if you can figure out what kind of motherboard is on it, can you add an upgraded graphics card in a few years wen it starts to slow down? how much can you upgrade the ram(how many slots as well as compacity)? Its not gonna be an amazing performer or anythign but for regular computer use as long as its well maintained and upgraded everyonce in awhile (ram and graphcs cards are the best upgrades even if yuor not playing games) it shoud last you a few years.

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are more specs

eMachines W3050 desktop PC with 17" CRT Monitor
AMD Sempron 3000+ processor
512 MB DDR RAM (expandable to 2GB)
80GB HDD (7200RPM)
nVidia GeForce4 MX graphics (w/ 64MB shared memory)
8-in-1 media card reader - Secure Digital (SD), Smart Media, Micro Drive, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Compact Flash, Multimedia Card, USB 2.0
DVD+/-RW Multi Format Double Layer drive
56K Fax/Modem
10/100 Mbps Ethernet LAN
7 USB 2.0 ports - 1 VGA External Connector, 1 Serial Port, 1 Parallel Port, 2 PS/2 Ports (Keyboard & Mouse), Audio In and Out, 1 AGP Slot
3 PCI Slots (2 available)
Standard Multimedia Keyboard
2-Button Wheel Mouse
Amplified Stereo Speakers
1 year Warranty
Windows XP Home Edition SP2 - Microsoft Works 8.0, Microsoft Money 2004, Symantec Norton Anti-Virus 2005 (90-day complimentary trial), McAfee Anti-Spyware 2005 (30-day complimentary trial), eMachines Big Fix
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend has one and it's great. They used to be horrible (ask corey) but gateway started putting some money into them and now they are pretty good computers. Maxim magazine ranked it in its top 5 computers. Not sure of the model, but said it was good for people looking for a capable computer on a low budget.

My Morning Jacket
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister got one for her and the kids...Her husbands is a Hands OFF! device rofl anyway she loves it.

I have a HP 2800Atlon with 120gb hd, CDRW, DVDROM that I got from Best buy a year ago at Xmas....it cost me $649 for just the PC itself and is the best rig Ive ever had....so pretty cheap by the old cost standards of what Ive paid for PC's in the past....like $3000, and this one puts the old ones ive had to shame.

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much is that Vic?

Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhatWasIThinkin wrote:
How much is that Vic?

$598.00 or $592.00 with everything but printer, which I have Mr. Green
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had bad luck with mine, but maybe it's a couple of years old so maybe they straightened out their issues.
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only good thing with Wal-Mart, don't like it take it back rofl rofl
majikxms

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks good Vic, the thing your buying is the warranty, the hardware is cheap. Check that out and see what they cover, I see it's for one year, but for what (ie. parts and labor, phone support, etc) I also recommend checking Dell's web site to compare a similar product and price (not to buy, just compare) unless of course you see something better.
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

majikxms wrote:
That looks good Vic, the thing your buying is the warranty, the hardware is cheap. Check that out and see what they cover, I see it's for one year, but for what (ie. parts and labor, phone support, etc) I also recommend checking Dell's web site to compare a similar product and price (not to buy, just compare) unless of course you see something better.

hes really not buying much of a warranty if you went out and bought all that hardware and a legal copy of winblows it would be that price or more trust me i spent $400 on just a cheap case MB Processor and ram this christmas not anything special either

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's like this, we mainly use it for pics from our digital camera, posting on web pages and e-mail about 95% the other 5% is used to watch a video clip, or something funny some body posts. When it comes to games, well thats what X-box and PS2 is for. I think we have used the DVD rom on ours once. So we don't need a lot of whistles and bells. I have talked to some who have just bought one and love it to death. The way I see it you can buy the best out there take it home and POOF already out dated!! Hell if I can spend $600 for now last me one year, next year get a Dell with our taxes, we would be happy Very Happy Give the emachine to the kids for them to learn on. It's a year Labor, parts, & Tech support Mr. Green
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At that price its worth the chance. Thats cheap for what your getting and will probably suit you fine. I concidered mine to be a bargain at what I paid but that e-machine deal is tough to walk away from.

If you dont allready have it, pic up Adobe Photoshop and Album for for picture taking. I got them both at WallyWorld for $100 combined. Both come in real handy.

Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhatWasIThinkin wrote:
At that price its worth the chance. Thats cheap for what your getting and will probably suit you fine. I concidered mine to be a bargain at what I paid but that e-machine deal is tough to walk away from.

If you dont allready have it, pic up Adobe Photoshop and Album for for picture taking. I got them both at WallyWorld for $100 combined. Both come in real handy.

Thats what we where thinking, then in give to the kids for a great starter for them to learn on.

Adobe Photoshop and Album, we have Mr. Green Great programs!!
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read a review - get Photoshop Elements 3.0 - not sure if 2.0 is still in the stores, but 3.0 has much better features (a lot of the same ones as the fullblown CS.) Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: