Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Layout

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Announcements, News & Commentary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buddha_Kip

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Layout Reply with quote

Heyya,

I'm a moderator and one of the founding members over at www.bnzsport.com (Mercedes forum). Our site used to be laid out just as this one with the "off topic" stuffs at the top, and then all of the pertinent sections following. It started seeming as if most of the posts ended up in those sections (as that is the first thing you see when you open the page), instead of the sections that actually pertain to the overall theme of the site (as in this case Jeeps).

After noticing this and hashing it out with the admins and the rest of the mods, I re-laid (not even a word) out the site with the important sections at top and then everything else to follow. Doing this has promoted members to start posting more in vehicle related sections...has worked out well so far (we've been up just over a year with that domain....we were benzsport.com previous (up for 3 years with a member count of just over 2,500), but we were sued by Daimler for using "benz" in our url....stupid people with too much money,,,go figure)

anyway, just my buck twenty-five.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't necessarily think that's a bad idea....especially once some members start flowing in and putting up their material. And it'd probably be easier to make the rearrangements now rather than once everyone is accustomed to the organization.
Black2001TJ
Leopard Skin
Leopard Skin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea...
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went over and checked out the site - I like the layout too. I'm still tweaking it some, but I think this'll be a good move especially before everybody gets here and becomes used to the current layout.
BTW, we had the same problem at a Ford diesel truck forum - Ford didn't like our name - FordDieselSite.com. Oh well.
Thanks again for the idea! Cool
blupupher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the name thing goes, talk to the guys @ http://www.lonestarjeepclub.org/ . They used to be Jeeps of North Texas, till they contacted Jeep about something and made them change their name. Not sure what the exact deal was though.
kizer
The Link Meister
The Link Meister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im waiting for that fearful call from Jeep myself. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Announcements, News & Commentary All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: