Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anti-lock Brakes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDJeeprr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Anti-lock Brakes Reply with quote

Quick Question:

What year did Jeep start offering ABS on the XJs? I want to be sure I don't get an XJ with ABS.

I'm assuming that the ABS manifold block will be mounted on the left fenderwell like other vehicles so I should be able to identify it right away.

Thanks to thephantum for the Specs page. I've been refering to it frequently since I'm in search of an XJ. Maybe you can add the ABS year info to the page.

Robert
drewguere

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can just turn the key and it will say ABS in a light, and if it doesn't do that, you dont have ABS
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what year they began offering it...but even after the ABS option was available, not all XJ's had it. When I bought mine in 97 , I ordered it with an 8.25 and thus without ABS.

Idiot lights aren't always reliable since bulbs burn out. Wink The two most surefire ways to tell are:
    1) Look in the wheelwells. If there's more than one brake line going to each wheel, it's got ABS.
    2) The manifold block right next to the master cylinder (as well as al the extra lines on the master cylinder itself) are dead giveaways too.

I'll see if I can dig up any info on the exact year they began offering the option.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: