Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amplifier wiring-where can i run it thru?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbjonesy7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Amplifier wiring-where can i run it thru? Reply with quote

I'm installing an amp in my 93 GC laredo. Before i do it, i'd like to find out where i can run the power wire thru the firewall. Is there a really good spot so i do not have to drill a hole??? A picture would be great! Thanks
dougkush

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drilled a hole on the passenger side of my ZJ pretty close to the center of the vehicle and then I ran it under carpet and took off all of the paneling. ran it through the fuse box and then ran it underneathe the seals and its completely concealed til the back where the paneling overlaps. If you have RCA's don't run them on the same side as the power wire it will cause a lot of interference. While your at it run your 12 volt constant with your power wire as well. If I can find my digital i'll take a pic for ya. pissed oh yeah i just like this face.
1fox2go

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cut a notch in the gromet on the center of the firewall you can see it its all alone then run the power wire thru the center console...it will tuck up under neath the plastic then go back to your driver side passenger seat and the amp will fit there most will anyway or go all the way back to the cargo area
jbjonesy7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: wiring for amplifier in 93 GC Laredo Reply with quote

any other suggestions?
Jeep'n'John

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im at the same point. I have my Head Unit installed and RCA and remote wires ran to under the back seat. They are ran straight down from the Head Unit under the center console (under the carpet too).

The power wire i need to get strung now. Its been cold here so and i dont have a garage so i havnt been out doing it yet. But it look from whit i can see i think im going to run from the battery through, what i would call the inner and outer fender on the passenger side (there is a space between these two pieces of sheet metel) back to the passenger side door. Im going to have to take the door off but at the bottom hinge i think i can drill and gromment a hole there inbetween the two ears of the hinge. The way it is in there, the wire will be hidden and proctected. That will put it about where the fuse box is and ill run it along that side under the carpet and molding to under the back seat.

That way it will keep all that current away from the RCA cables as it does interfere with the signal.
Jeep'n'John

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I have my power wire ran.
I have a 96 GCL so i donk know if your 93 body will be the same???

My Battery is on the passenger side so i mounted my fuse holder there on the inside of the fender. From the fuse holder the power wire runs straight back tucked under the lip the hood sits on when its closed.
Just before the fire wall there is an oval shaped plug about 2"x4". I put a hole in that Plug and ran my wire through the hole. That puts it in a narrow space between the inner and outer sheet metal of the fender. I ran it between there down to just under the lower door hinge where there is another Rubber Plug. I poked a hole in that plug and ran the wire in.
When you open the door can see about 3" of the wire where it comes out of the sheet metal and goes into the plug under the hinge. I put some wire loom on the wire there.

Once your through that plug under the hinge, That puts the wire insed the vehicle right where my fuse box is mounted. (down on the passenger side under the dash in fron of the door)

From there i ran it under the plastic trim along the passenger side to under the back seat....

Was so easy.....the only thing i used my drill for was to take the screws out of the plastic interior parts. I did take the passenger door off to make it easy on me...The wire is well protected and far away from heat sources, RCA and speaker wires....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: