Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some Quick questions before I install my lift tomorrow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nele22

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Some Quick questions before I install my lift tomorrow Reply with quote

I need some simple questions answered. I have a used black diamond lift (3 inch coils) and 1" pucks. This is all it came with. I have bought new shocks but I need to know if I will need anything else i.e. longer brake lines exc.... Any help is greatly appreciated, I will post pics of the install and the final product on Sunday. Thanks in advance

Happy jeeping,

Brad
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're more than likely (almost 100%) gonna have to deal with driveline vibes with just the 3" coils. Add another inch of spacer and a simple transfer case drop might not suffice. SYE and CV shaft are the only real solution to the angle issues. Trackbars are gonna be way offcentered as well at 4" of lift. Rear relocation bracket will fix that, front should be addressed with an adjustable replacement. Sway bar links gotta be lenghtened too. At this point the control arms will obviously work, but stock lengths are gonna diminish ride quality and handling. Not immediate, but eventually your draglink and tie rod are gonna strain from the larger tires as well. Lifts are a big money sink, especially coil sprung TJ's.
nele22

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool thanks fot the response! I think you may have misunderstood my post it is just three inches total. So do all of the previous rules still apply. I am only running 31x10.5 also. thanks again!
AggieDog

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you get above a 2 inch Budget Boost, everything Drake told you comes into play to some degree or another.
04 Rocky Mtn Edition TJ, 4.0 L 5 Speed Manual, D44 rearend,4.56 gears, Jeeperman rear bumper, swingaway, Jamboree rack, Warn front bumper, Warn steering box skid plate, Warn oilpan skidplate, Rubicon 3.5 lift, Warn CE M8000 winch.
1fox2go

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your just running 31s how much lift does your coils give you?

if its around two inches or more i wouldnt bother with the coil spacer
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1fox2go wrote:

if its around two inches or more i wouldnt bother with the coil spacer

..or just go with the 1" coil spacers for now and let the coils sit. I'm guessing though that you plan on going to a larger size tire if you're going with 3 total inches. Still gonna need to address most of what I had listed, the probs just won't be as severe or difficult to deal with. I went from 3" coils to 4" coils and it opened a whole world of crap to deal with that I'm still trying to straighten out. Combine that with larger tires (I went from 33 to 35") and it can be frustrating enough to make ya say to hell with it all if you can't get it done right. You can just install longer coils and shocks, but you will notice decrease ride and handling quality like mentioned above.
nele22

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my lift went on fine and is a smashing sucsess. Over all about 2.5 in but with the 31's I have a ton of clearance. It looks great and it should wheel much better now! I will host some pics as soon as I take em! Thanks for all the help everyone! Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: