Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to buy Gears

View previous topic :: View next topic  
someone16

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Where to buy Gears Reply with quote

What is a good place to buy 4.56 gears from? Brand?

Thanks.
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quadratec has good service. Ive heard good and bad about Randys. Ive also had good service from Roeder racing years ago.

Brands that come to mind are Richmond, Dana, Superior, and Yukon. Thier all good. Gears are one of the few items that can be purchased with confidence brand wise....I dont know of any generic brands out there that may be of questionable quality. None that Ive seen anyway.

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
quadna71

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quadratec has good prices...but bob supplee may be able to beat them. he offers free shipping as well Smile

i don't have lots of experience with one brand or another...but my yukons seem to be holding up fine.
chris

Bob Supplee (405) 799-8977
Supplee 4WD Enterprises Inc
ehirner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Supplee and DC4WD are two I buy a lot of stuff from. 4x4rockshop and Northridge4x4 are two I've added to my list of shops I do business with.
someone16

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks
99TJ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the brands listed above are good quality. I also know a couple guys running Genuine Gear without any problem.

The best pricing I've seen is package deals from the parts warehouses. Typically, a gear set is around $200, and install kit is $100. ( for a quality master kit) These are rough figures. That makes the parts cost of regearing front and rear around $600. My local 4Wheel Parts warehouse sells front and rear Jeep sets with both install kits for the $400 / $450 range. If you are planning on doing the other axle in the near future, you might save money by buying a front and rear kit...check your magazines for gear kit advertisements from the warehouses.

Of course, the pricing varies greatly by model / gear size. If you have a Dana 70 or something then it is obviously more expensive.
ehirner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

99TJ wrote:
The best pricing I've seen is package deals from the parts warehouses. Typically, a gear set is around $200, and install kit is $100. ( for a quality master kit) These are rough figures. That makes the parts cost of regearing front and rear around $600. My local 4Wheel Parts warehouse sells front and rear Jeep sets with both install kits for the $400 / $450 range. If you are planning on doing the other axle in the near future, you might save money by buying a front and rear kit...check your magazines for gear kit advertisements from the warehouses.

4WP is horrible and those prices are pretty bad too. Try contacting the vendors listed in this thread for some prices. The last R&P I bought was $120 from DC4WD for a Dana/Spicer, probably the best gearset out there.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehirner wrote:
4WP is horrible and those prices are pretty bad too. Try contacting the vendors listed in this thread for some prices.

X2 I'd gouge my eyes out before doing business with those clowns again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Drivetrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: