Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

s10 leafs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drewguere

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: s10 leafs Reply with quote

How much of a lift will s10 blazer leafs give me, my leafs are sagging hardcore, and I want a set of leafs to get me around stock height, maybe a little higher, until I can buy a full lift

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: s10 leafs Reply with quote

drewguere wrote:
How much of a lift will s10 blazer leafs give me, my leafs are sagging hardcore, and I want a set of leafs to get me around stock height, maybe a little higher, until I can buy a full lift

Get the Pick-up ones!!! Designed to carry a load, helps out more!! Think about it, the blazer is designed for a passenger or two, the pick up ones are designed for more wieght, for loads being carried in the bed. Can give you 3-4 inches!! Thats what I run, I got 3 from a 2wd model.
drewguere

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want to reallylift it right now...well, i do, but then I would need new tires, new front springs, and new shocks all around, to level it out.

I cant afford all that right now. I just want a cheap solution to make my jeep level, for now...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just use the longest leaf compared to the main spring Mr. Green
drewguere

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vic's89XJ wrote:
Just use the longest leaf compared to the main spring Mr. Green

what do you mean

Use the longent leaf in the s10 leafs and an AAL in my leafs?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, use one like an AAL in your pack. If you have any friends who have a lowrider, chances are they pulled theirs to go lower, "freebie" rofl But I would do a AAL, S-10, or Dakota, be cheaper, plus blocks break way tooooo much Shocked seen it happen a lot wheelin.
drewguere

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should i buy those s10 blazer leafs for 50, i dont know if shipping is included or not.

If its not, i prolly wont buy them

would the full blazer pack give me less lift than the pick up, if I used the full leaf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell try the junkyard, my buddy picked up a set for $35!! Look around in the junkyards. I've heard people having problems with the Blazers?? In case like mine you use the main leaf that bolts up and use the rest of the S-10 for the others and build a new leaf pack.

Check this out
http://xjfanatic.com/dakotaleaves.php
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are just looking to get back to stock height, the S10's won't work...they will net you lift. If you just want some arch back in your stock springs go to a junkyard and grab a set of springs from another Cherokee. Then take them apart. To do that put a c-clamp (2 total) on either side of the retaining pin and remove the pin. When you slowly take off the c-clamps (the key word is slowly...you are releasing the tension on the spring pack)the spring will come apart.

Now, take the top spring (the one with the eyes) and cut the eyes off. An angle grinder works well, but if you feel like a workout, a hacksaw will do. Then just install that leaf into the existing pack as an AAL. It should put you back to stock height.

Very low cost solution and you get to play with tools on a Saturday afternoon. Mr. Green

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Tires All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: