Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FM2CD at Big Levels 04/23/05 - The Writeup

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: FM2CD at Big Levels 04/23/05 - The Writeup Reply with quote

We had a great time. Since Dale couldn't make it out on this ride, I had no one to split trail boss duties with. I was therefore only able to take about 3 pictures. Jen, on the other hand was able to get about 35...so most of these are hers.

Anywayz, we all met at Shoneys around 8:30am. From left to right FM2CD members: David (YJ), Vic (XJ), Kristy (XJ), Allen (XJ), Me (Steve - XJ) and Jen (TJ).

We also had some special guests for this ride. I had recieved an email from the VA Jeep Girls asking if some of their members could tag along. Of course, they were welcome. Four people showed up in three vehicles, Bonnie and Stacey (TJ), Susan (TJ) and Will (Toyota). Add Trevor (TJ), David's buddy Jim (YJ) and Chris (XJ) to the list of attendees and we had a grand total of 12 vehicles on the ride.

We departed Shoneys at around 9:30am and started for the trail head. About 2 miles onto Coal road (about 4 miles from the trail head), we hit an obstacle....and we weren't even on the trail yet. Seems a tree had fallen across the road overnight (the leaves were just starting to wilt). With Will's help doing the rigging, we made quick work of it. Here's a video (305KB).

We then stopped at a clearing about 1.5 miles from the trail head to air down, disconnect and have a drivers meeting.

From there we hit the trail. We only have a couple of pictures from obstaces:

Here's Bonne from the first obstacle that pretty much everyone took:

And here's Susan (the current President of the VA Jeep Girls) at the same obstacle:

This was kind of funny. We hit these rocks and I thought about climbing them...then I remembered my vow not to break my junk 3 weeks before we leave for Alaska. So I got out and jokingly motioned to Will to tackle them. Before I knew it....

He was hung up on his frame. After a couple of strategically placed rocks to get his rear wheels a little bit more traction.

He was over. Despite the pictures not reflecting it, our day was not even half done though. We went and had lunch and since it was so early, we hit the Cold Spring trail. It used to continue through as an OHV trail all the way back to Coal Road...but it now closes down about halfway through to allow foot traffic only. So, going in, I knew a turnaround would be necessary. Still, there's a couple of fun stretches. It figures that all day long it was beautiful....except for the one point that I need to be out and directing traffic...that's when it pours rain. rofl

Anyway that's about it, we stopped at "the bus" again...and we also got some great picturers of the skyline from the top of the mountain:

I'd like to thank the VA Jeep Girls for coming out with us. From what I could tell they had a great time...the WOOHOO's! while going through the ruts were a dead giveaway. Wink

Anyway, it looks like we'll be taking a couple of months off...we're going to try to tag along with another club in May instead of running our own ride. So we'll see ya'll at PAP in July!

Rock On!

Steve

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Last edited by ThePhantum on Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great time, enjoyed meeting everyone new. Good write up Steve thumbs I know Kristy enjoyed getting her first trail damage rofl rofl
Chuck's Girl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great time!!! Was wonderful having some more Girls around. Not actually sure where I got the trail damage, but happy to have it. rofl rofl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
majikxms

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed moving a tree, dang!!! rofl Steve, that's twice for a tree...I motion to add a chain saw to mandatory trail equipment. rofl
Chuck's Girl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

majikxms wrote:
I missed moving a tree, dang!!! rofl Steve, that's twice for a tree...I motion to add a chain saw to mandatory trail equipment. rofl

I was thinking the same thing. rofl rofl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CoreyXJ
Turkish
Turkish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm... Looks like you guys have a bang up good time...!!!

Allen's XJ looks like somebodies XJ that I know...... Wink

CoreyXJ

"Do what you love to do...the money will eventually follow" - I. Larry
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some realy nice pics Smile

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
Drake69

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a great run, and I let Sandy drive the entire first half of it. She needed a few pointers around some obstacles, but overall she handled herself well. She even took Turtle airborne a few feet!!! Shocked

Had a great time, and have a few pix to add as well.

Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't wait until VA next year fella's!

My Morning Jacket
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully by June/July we will be able to pick a date for next year.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
Chuck's Girl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen2Goofy wrote:
hopefully by June/July we will be able to pick a date for next year.

Tons of fun!! Can't wait to go again rofl rofl I think this is where I got my trail damage rofl rofl Thanks for the pic Jen!!

majikxms

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um...That's where I got my trail damage too. Coincidence or is that the XJ Killer.
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

majikxms wrote:
Um...That's where I got my trail damage too. Coincidence or is that the XJ Killer.

Maybe, it seems to like to eat the driver's side rockers rofl rofl
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't look like it should eat up the drivers side rockers. Unless you come down on that rock. That picture doesn't do it any justice.

My Morning Jacket
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithtj wrote:
It doesn't look like it should eat up the drivers side rockers. Unless you come down on that rock. That picture doesn't do it any justice.

Yea, at this point she is just getting over it, but you can see a lot of flex in the front tires if you look close enough
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Events & Places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: