Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have you Seen My Gas Tank??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EEP Grl
Hot Momma

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Have you Seen My Gas Tank?? Reply with quote

angry angry What the hell is wrong with poeple!? I mean seriously?! Someone broke into my jeep, stole my cd's and my skateboard and then stole my gas tank along with $1700.00 of other misc. parts. The weirdest part being that they didnt break any windows to gain entry to a locked car and they left my radio/xm radio alone, left the vintage record player in the back plus some tools (including the ons that they usd to get the parts off with, but those were left UNDER the jeep)... they also locked the doors when they were done and put all the bolts/brackets back together after taking all that shit off. So my jeep is sitting at this shop without a gas tank, fuel pump and every other stupid little thing they took. I think my jeep is bad luck. angry angry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
IBTJn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've heard of anyone stealing a gas tank before Shocked ??? I know that XJ's are an easy slim jim target though. I used to be able to get into an XJ in about 10 seconds. I wasn't a thief though...just worked at a stealership.

Oh...did I tell you I have an XJ gas tank for sale? Very Happy It's missing straps and bolts though. Rolling Eyes

(sorry...couldn't resist Embarassed )

I'm really sorry to hear about that. My '03 Dodge dually diesel got slim jimmed a couple of years ago in the front of our house. Stole some stuff. I had an alarm put in the rigs after that. At least maybe I could sick the dogs on them now... and if push comes to shove, I could shoot them in the ass with my 12 gauge.

I don't think your Jeep is bad luck. I will venture to say however that winning the lottery probably isn't in your near future though.
Billy's89XJ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that sucks Evil or Very Mad At work we had some one brake into our Toyota Pick up and stole the gearshift lever and the 4wd lever, which bolt to the trans. & t-case Evil or Very Mad Oh and the boots too Rolling Eyes So now a days it doesn't surprise me what people take. Maybe they will catch them?? Hope things go better for you!
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked stole your gas tank? WTF? Shocked

sounds like the theives may be part of a larger organization......

......The Special Olympics!

Wow Beth thats fawked up. Sorry to hear that Eeps missing her tummy Mr. Green

Just curious, what kind of a neihborhood were you parked in?

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew stuff like this would happen with the gas prices soaring as they are Shocked Mr. Green .

Seriously, that's fawked up. Sorry to hear 'bout the troubles Confused .
ehirner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'drack wrote:
I knew stuff like this would happen with the gas prices soaring as they are Shocked Mr. Green .

Seriously, that's fawked up. Sorry to hear 'bout the troubles Confused .

I was thinking the same thing. You didn't have a full tank did you?
EEP Grl
Hot Momma

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i did have a full tank.. but i'm almost sure they had to suck the gas out anyhow... i mean dropping a 20 gal tank thats full isnt easy. Its a long job just for gas. I havnt figured it out. I was parked near Duval street in Old Town key West... its not a bad neighborhood.. i mean its a 2x3 mile island.. its all pretty much one neighborhood. But yeh gas is like $2.60 a gal for reg. Who knows.. i just hate that it happened to me. GIRRR pissed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well since its just a small island just driv.....er um .....walk around looking for a yard full of broke down Cherokee's and nock on the door and start asking questions. Wear your sidearm for good luck.

Im sorry that I need to pic on you about this.....but Ive never heard of someone having thier gas tank stolen and Im just trying to lighten up your mood. I would be serously pissed if It happened to me too. It sounds more like some weird fawked up prank than anything else....like maybe it was for a scavenger hunt. Maybe some guy has a crush on you and will stop at nothing to keep you thier......or maybe the e-Stalker has finally found you....maybe keep your weapon handy.

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that sucks! I'm sorry to hear that, I've had a couple of bums steal some change from my jeep and a knife!

My Morning Jacket
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People stealing stuff suck. Last qtr i had 3 parking passes stolen, and my CB radio stolan, what a bunch of anus ninjas.

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
Drake69

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's some azz-hat gonna do with a gas tank? Not like you can't get them at a boneyard cheap or nuthin', an' they ain't made of gold. Makes no sense whatsoever..... Evil or Very Mad

EEP Grl
Hot Momma

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i mean i know they have in tank fuel pumps so the whole tank set up is like 600 bucks from a dealer... but still. Loosers. Eh.. dont worry about making fun of me.. i lauhged for like a good 20 min when i noticed it was gone... i mean i was just shocked.. like huh who steals this stuff! haha. Oh well... thank god for USAA and deductibles... cause $500 is better than the $1800 its not costing to repair it.
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please tell me you hopped in your jeep and tried starting for a good 10 minutes before you found out that your gas tank was missing rofl

My Morning Jacket
ehirner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keithtj wrote:
please tell me you hopped in your jeep and tried starting for a good 10 minutes before you found out that your gas tank was missing rofl
Mr. Green rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl Mr. Green

Finger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: