Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CE M8000 Warn Winch on the TJ

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AggieDog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: CE M8000 Warn Winch on the TJ Reply with quote

Gents, and ladies, I am the proud owner of a new Warn CE M8000 winch. I installed it this afternoon onto my warn rock crawler bumper. I also added the warn rock crawler grill guard. I may get this thing wheeling ready afterall. I do admit, with the extra weight on the front end of the jeep, it does ride better. I'm also thinking that extra weight on the front end will help with traction up front when wheeling. Overall, I am pretty happy about it.
04 Rocky Mtn Edition TJ, 4.0 L 5 Speed Manual, D44 rearend,4.56 gears, Jeeperman rear bumper, swingaway, Jamboree rack, Warn front bumper, Warn steering box skid plate, Warn oilpan skidplate, Rubicon 3.5 lift, Warn CE M8000 winch.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent - did you stretch out the cable yet?
AggieDog

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I havent gotten around to that yet. Finished securing wires tonite. I'll probably do that this weekend. I debated weather to get 31 inch tires to replace my 30 inch Goodyear APS's, or get the winch and finish the front end of the jeep, and in the end I decided because I was only going up one inch in tire size, I would rather put the winch on now. (besides, with those little tires I may need it, LOL!). I definately like having it on there, looks nice, and makes the ride a tad nicer with that extra weight up there. I really looked hard at a Mile Marker and the guy at the shop talked me out of more money for the warn. I chose the M8000 as it has a good reputation as a reliable winch, and more than does the suggested pull capability of at least 1.5 times the weight of the vehicle. I will need a better battery, but going to have to wait for some of those Jefferson's to come my way again.
04 Rocky Mtn Edition TJ, 4.0 L 5 Speed Manual, D44 rearend,4.56 gears, Jeeperman rear bumper, swingaway, Jamboree rack, Warn front bumper, Warn steering box skid plate, Warn oilpan skidplate, Rubicon 3.5 lift, Warn CE M8000 winch.
AggieDog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a pic of the finished product:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/AggieDog/JeepwithWinch2.jpg

I know, I know, should be higher, LOL....but it is getting capable real fast.

Navy-Jeepster

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good.

I was looking at the Warn front bumper also. But got a good deal on a bumper from chris at www.rock-itman.com
He is going to make my rocker guards also. The bottom plate goes all the way to the frame.

Navy-Jeepster
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lookin good Smile

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: