Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you have a used g.c what did you pay?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quinn01

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: If you have a used g.c what did you pay? Reply with quote

As the subject reads, if you bought a used Grand Cherokee, what did you pay for it, and was it a peice or was it in good condition?
drewguere

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a 98 with a V8 up here for sale for 8 grand, but you can probably find one with a 6 cyl for a lot cheaper, and try looking inbto one a little older. It being your first car, dont spend all your money on it, and not have any money to pay for gas, or to build it up a little.

Look into a cherokee possibly, a wrangler would be good, but the wheelbase wont do so well with a big quad trailer
1fox2go

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4K has 114 thousand miles on jeep 85k or so on the motor and trans....plus my dad built it...so...its a beast altho i dont have any power seats or widows or anything just a jeep and i like it cuz i dont have to worry about it gettin hurt

i dont drive a pretty jeep
Jeep'n'John

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my 96 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 for $6000.

Has power windows/mirrors/locks, tow package, premium sound package(LMAO), the skid plates under the motor, tranny/TC, fuel tank. keyless entry(no factory alarm), all privicy windows, roof rack......

ummm thats all the options i think i have......

I think it was a good deal....I love the vehicle. I wanted the 6 cyl for the fuel economy....even if its only a gallon or so....and thank god FUEL COSTS 2.25 here right now....
1fox2go

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have roof racks hitch sunroof and tow hooks also
grocery getter 318

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i paid 5,500 for my 96 ltd. w/ the 5.2. and 160,00. it was in awesome condition from this crazy rich dude down the road. i am about to turn 200,000 and only had a front and rear main leak, easy do it your self in a day.
nixt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: price Reply with quote

I have bought two different Jeeps both were a 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited. My original one I bought in February 2005 and it had 113,000 and I bought it from a private seller in Atlanta. The rear bumper was damaged and the stereo had blown speakers I paid $7000. I was in an accident which wasn't my fault and earlier this month State Farm settled with me for around $8900. Their original estimate was lower but it went up because I had new tires on it and it was equipped with Lo-Jack. The wreck occurred in late October and the Jeep had 128,000 miles on it. I just recieved my new Jeep which is exactly the same as the other one except for that it is equipped with the factory tow hitch as well. I believe there were only three options on this model; the sunroof, the tow package, and California emmisions (which I do not care if mine has). My new Jeep has 92,000 miles on it and it was purchased in Texas from a dealer via the internet for $6500. I checked carfax before I bought it and after I recieved it I had my local mechanic go over it and it is in better shape than my previous one was before the wreck. The only thing it is missing is the volume knob on the radio.
By the way do not use the Kelley Blue Book (www.KBB.com) for price values- they are way out of wack and not many insurance companies or new car dealers use it- only used car dealers who want to inflate the value use it. Most new car dealerships and insurance companies use the NADA value (www.nada.com) because it is much more reliable.
Nixt
grandjeeper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

93 grand 4.0-keyless entry, t-case skid, gas skid, radior/engine skid, thats all i can think of. oh and a factory rack.
all for the sum of $2500. and only with 100k miles. you ask how. car auction. i live in greenville SC where we have a lot of car auctions around. you can find anything there dirt cheap.
if you go to one of these though you will need to ither know a good bit about cars or bring some one who does. b/c many of these cars will need some work.
mine needed the rear end rebuild. i guess the guy selling it didnt know what it would cost to do that, b/c you can do it your self for about 150 or 200. or get some one else to do it for llike 250 or 300. i oppted to do it my self, went ok, but i ended up takein it to a transmition shop to get them to double check everything, so in the end if cost me about 250 to do it.
not bad, that was a total of 2750 for a 93 with 100k miles. i figure the blue book is about 4k, give or take a few hunderd. but like i said, you got to be careful, cus they can skreww you over big time if you dont watch out, hince teh need to be fairly fimilar with cars.
well best of luck to ya, and hope you find the car you like.

oh yeah, just currius, where are u from... my last name is Quinn as well.
newzj97jeeper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

97 grand I6, 4x4 (of course) infinity sound whichs need to have the speakers replaced. options are tow hook/ skidplates, leather, fog lights, and recently full size spare for 50 bucks. I paid 5,400 and it had 117,000 miles on it. But I had to put new tires on it which sucked. the guy who owned it before me took good care of it and it was garaged its whole life before I got it. but now it needs a BB and some 31's and ill be happy plus some need speakers all around. the bass response was ok, but being a bass player I really like to feel and hear the lows without adding a sub so.. not sure whats going to replace them
Bill 705

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my 1995 V8 limited for $2900 Canadian, I think I got the deal of a lifetime.

Has 170k miles on it, body is nice, interior nice as well. Only thing it needed to certify was a passenger side drive axle. Since then only a wheel bearing.
DannyG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: 1993 GC Reply with quote

1993 GC V8 130k mile $2500
BDS lift $850
OX front $1300 includ work.
next rear OX and T-C all under $7500 Rolling Eyes
PistolPete

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1995 GC Laredo 103k I6 $3500.00
Nice Sony XPlod system and speakers.
Changed all fluids and filters maybe 75$.
2 inch ball and reciever to tow the boat $19(Gotta love Walmart)
4 new Goodyear tracker2 tires $379(Walmart again)
Thrill of owning a Jeep - Priceless. Cool
S_Munk13

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought my 98 5.9 a year ago for 11,000 garage kept perfect condition with only 45,00 miles
nvjeep

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought a 94 v8 grand for $1500 with 135,000 miles that ran good
and a 93 I6 grand for $300 that had a bad rearend and 214,000 miles Very Happy
They both came out of the Tahoe area.
SnaFu2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought my '97 GC Limited 4.0L 3 months ago for $4200.00, they wanted $5000.00, had 110K miles. replaced the 249 TC with a 242 with 32k miles on it for $850.00 installed (VC were shot). other then that it is 100% stock. only thing that doesnt work are the heated seats and driver side mirror doesnt auto dim...i can live without it. Rearview does dim, cost me $25.00 for a used rearview mirror.
Almost forgot, had leather seats restored for $200.00, look like brand new now.

SnaFu
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: