Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone else have trouble putting doors back on??

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJfreak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Anyone else have trouble putting doors back on?? Reply with quote

I had huge frickin trouble today. I was screwin around forever. Ends up I chipped paint off my drivers door at the edge and also on the bolt where the door screws in...ugh...i was pissed..i dont think ill ever take them off again...
95sahara

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, just keep tryin it. After two or three times you'll be puttin em back in in two seconds.
PICS
TJfreak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It pissed me off so bad when I chipped my nice red shiny paint off all because of rushing around to get frickin doors on and scratching it. You cant notice it far away but up close yes.
95sahara

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, think of it this way, it lets people see that you're not afraid to take your doors off and run around without them.
PICS
TJfreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,

I guess I will have to go buy some touchup paint now for it...
IBTJn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep...just plan on some touch up paint. I take mine off all the time when weather permits. Takes all of about 3 minutes, and about 5 minutes putting them back on by myself. Mine have never been hard to get off or put back on. Hopefully I'll be able to leave the soft doors on now for awhile now.

Personally, the joy of not having them on out weighs the PITA it can be putting them back on by far. Leaving them on wouldn't be an option for me.
Wink
TJfreak

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRR

Im so pissed. I put my doors back on tonight and had a terrible time trying to get them in. I scratched more paint off on both sides. damn it. I did buy some touchup paint and im wondering if I shouldnt even take the doors off again after I put the paint on.

What you think?
IBTJn

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TJfreak wrote:
GRRR

Im so pissed. I put my doors back on tonight and had a terrible time trying to get them in. I scratched more paint off on both sides. damn it. I did buy some touchup paint and im wondering if I shouldnt even take the doors off again after I put the paint on.

What you think?
How are you grabbing the doors? I put one hand under the door (very bottom) and the other no the top of the door (where the window closes) and simply guide them in the slots. Being on a flat surface helps some. It's easier for me to re-install in the garage over the driveway. Sometimes looking at those little things can make a difference...or so it has for me.
Wink
kitesurferinva

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start with the door being perpindicular to the tub of the jeep. If you have full steel doors, use the handle on the inside of the door to hold it up and use your other hand under the front of the door to guide it so you dont scratch everything up. Once you find both pins in just give it a few swings back and forth and it will settle. All done....
Kitesurferinva -98 TJ 2" BB, 1" BL, Big Daddy Rocker Guards, Custom front bumper, SKBpro rear bumper w/ spare tire swing out carrier, 33x12.5 BFG MT's on 15x10 AR Outlaw II's, 2 Hella lights, warn engine and diff skids, Kilby steering skid
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TJfreak

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my doors are half doors. It is so discouraging to have so much chipped paint on both sides on edge of doors and around the pins and also at the top beside the windshield... Sad

Does anyone else have chipped paint from this?

thanks
Orng Beep

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How are you grabbing the doors? I put one hand under the door (very bottom) and the other no the top of the door (where the window closes) and simply guide them in the slots. Being on a flat surface helps some. It's easier for me to re-install in the garage over the driveway. Sometimes looking at those little things can make a difference...or so it has for me.

Also, lean against your Jeep w/ and brace your arm that is holding the bottom of the door, against your body. I've also found that it is easier if your bottom hand is close to the front of the door and the top towards the back.
ehirner

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a suggestion, if you had this much trouble with half doors, don't ever try and remove someones full doors for them.
kitesurferinva

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehirner wrote:
Just a suggestion, if you had this much trouble with half doors, don't ever try and remove someones full doors for them.

LOL - x2
Kitesurferinva -98 TJ 2" BB, 1" BL, Big Daddy Rocker Guards, Custom front bumper, SKBpro rear bumper w/ spare tire swing out carrier, 33x12.5 BFG MT's on 15x10 AR Outlaw II's, 2 Hella lights, warn engine and diff skids, Kilby steering skid
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
qadhafi
Club Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beating dead horse

Try taking it out on a trail and covering it up with mud, you won't even notice those scratches

- or even better yet-TRAIL DAMAGE

Back from the Dead??
IBTJn

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also thought we were talking about a full door.shock

I have full doors on mine, and have never had a problem. Can you post a pic or 2? Maybe there is a hinge bent (or something else) causing the problem?

Once you get it aligned up, does the door just slide in there? How hard are they to lift off the hinges? ???

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: