Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rear Drive Shaft

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antony

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: rear Drive Shaft Reply with quote

my rear drive shaft bolts snapped and to replace it i need to know what im asking for. heres my explanation

on the rear to the axel, i had the 2 c clamps holding the universal joint in place, 1 of the c lamps sheared off and the bolts are still inside, so looking at the axel in the center i need the part that spins C clamps x2 4 bolts for theese and a universal joint.. does this make sence to anyone

Antony tool
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinion yoke
Yoke straps
Strap bolts

Personally, do youself a favor and get a yoke that uses u-bolts as opposed to the straps. It's a significantly stronger setup.
Antony

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Smile
Antony

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone know where in columbus APART from Drive Line 1 , who can possibly take my yoke off and replace it with new yoke, u-joint and straps, or u-bolts ( clip springs ) i tried taking it off even with an impact wrench, my strap bplts snapped so there inside the holes on the yolk, even tried drilling them out with no luck, i live in columbus ohio, near downtown and ok to travel 20 miles N,S,E or W

let me know please

Antony
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to remove both the front (D30) and rear (D44) pinion nuts with an impact wrench. Most 90psi impacts will put out up to 250ft/lbs of torque. Depending on the axle, the pinion nut is between 160ft/lbs and 200 ft/lbs...so I'm surprised that you couldn't get it off with an impact wrench.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Antony

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i got it off, and its all fixed now, i recently changed the transmission out of my 94xj and put a 2000 transmission in there when driving in drive after going through the first gear ( with no torque ) the over drives seem to kick in if i touch the brake ( just so light comes on ) it lets up and i have some power, i believe the computer needs flashing, cheapest quote i have is $80 and thats from dealer, anyone know where i can get it done cheaper in columbus are

thanks

Antony
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: