Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rear lap belt

View previous topic :: View next topic  
diver8

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: rear lap belt Reply with quote

Has anyone ever added a third seat belt in the back seat (lap belt)?
ehirner

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you plan on fitting 3 persons back there? Good luck, unless they're really tiny.
kitesurferinva

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do it by getting a set of lap belts from a CJ and using the stock mount brackets on the floor, just attach both ends. But like was mentioned, good luck fitting 3 people back there unless they are midgets...
Kitesurferinva -98 TJ 2" BB, 1" BL, Big Daddy Rocker Guards, Custom front bumper, SKBpro rear bumper w/ spare tire swing out carrier, 33x12.5 BFG MT's on 15x10 AR Outlaw II's, 2 Hella lights, warn engine and diff skids, Kilby steering skid
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
diver8

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks...wanted it to center a child seat as opposed to having on one side. Just wanted to know if it was possible and safe.
Orng Beep

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diver8 wrote:
Thanks...wanted it to center a child seat as opposed to having on one side. Just wanted to know if it was possible and safe.

I'm not sure what kind of jeep you have. I know in my TJ, there are anchors on the floor behind the back seat that you can hook a child seat. My son's seat has 2 anchor straps on the bottom of the seat that can slip through the seat and and 1 strap that goes over the seat. I hook the bottom straps, one on each anchor, and then pick a side for the top strap. It works well. If your Jeep does not have the anchors, It wouldn't be very hard to install some. Hope I helped.

(Disc. I am not a professional and my advice has only been aproved by me. I have not researched any regulations reguarding this matter. If you choose to use any of my ideas, consider them yours. Wink )
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not put a child seat in the center using seat belts you've installed. On a TJ, the rear passenger side is the safest place for a car seat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: