Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2005 Wrangler Sirius Radio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbn30039

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: 2005 Wrangler Sirius Radio Reply with quote

Anyone have any experience with installing the Mopar Sirius radio kit. I have a 2005 Unlimited with the RAH radio (AM/FM with single CD player). The Mopar ads seem to indicated the Sirius radio kit will work with any of the factory installed radios but don't say that out right. Obviously don't want to spend $200 plus dollars to find it doesn't. Can't find any on line info or electrical diagrams for this radio
ekb55

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the factory radio has a "mode" button on it, it will work. I installed one on my wifes 04 "X" wrangler, no problem. I removed it and installed it on her new 06 Rubicon, no problem. Bought mine off of e-bay from a great vendor for 200. Kit comes with module, wiring, and antenna which mounts on the roll bar. Also comes with a boot that covers the antenna with a Sirius Dog and Sirius logo on it. Best thing I ever did was leave XM and go to Sirius, especially with Sirius taking NASCAR over in 07
'03 1600 Vulcan (Just get on and ride, trouble-free)
'04 250 Ninja (wife's toy)
95sahara

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't happen to remember the name of the seller you bought the Sirius stuff off of on eBay do you? I really want Sirius, my mom's 05 WK has it and after listening to it for about 20 minutes, I fell in love with it! So I decided I have to have it, and what better way than to go with factory parts. I know there's cheaper ways, but I want factory appearence.
PICS
ekb55

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sorry I don't, it was in 2004.
'03 1600 Vulcan (Just get on and ride, trouble-free)
'04 250 Ninja (wife's toy)
tigerr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a question in regards to Sirius. I'm planning to get a Jeep really soon and my JVC deck is Sirius ready. My questions is WHERE would you mount the antenna? Especially if you plan on driving with the top off.

Thanks.

John
95sahara

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The antenna goes on the rollbar. Driver's or Passenger's side (doesn't matter). It goes on the bar over the door. There's a nice cover that goes over it and blends it in with the rollbar padding. It works thru the softtop or a hardtop, since the hard top is fiberglass, it doesn't not interfere with the signal at all.
PICS
tigerr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick replys.

I wasen't too sure if the antenna would still work under the hardtop. Can't wait to get my '06 Unlimited in the spring!

Thanks.

John
Pegster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I'm glad i found this forum - i too was wondering where you would install the intenna for Sirius... I'm planning on upgrading from the old factory head unit to a Kenwood Excelon.

Anyone ever change out their radio by themselves? Crutchfield says they give you all the adapters and so forth. Only thing i'm worried about is since the new head unit is smaller than the large factory opening - how will it look after its installed? I wanted to get the Sirius unit to plug into the head unit and have it under one of the seats - but again wasn't sure about the intenna with my hardtop.

Peg
Bennyh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Sirius Radio 2004 Satellite Reply with quote

I have a radio with a mode button it is the factory radio, and I still cannot get it to work. Can anybody give you any suggestions as what I am doing wrong

Thanks

Benny
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electronic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: