Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XJ Liftski !!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoreyXJ
Turkish
Turkish

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: XJ Liftski !! Reply with quote

Okay peeps- It has now come time for el' lifto' and I have my shocks already picked. OME heavy's plus stabilizer, but the real question is what are the best springs (coil/leaf) to get for this ol' black box on pizza cutters. I have been told TeraFlex, and maybe Tomken.... Anybody else have any good suggestions. The saying is you get what you pay for and that has held true so far so I am not opting out for cheap shit. If Im building a rig Im doing it right the first time. Desired height is 3" because I want to stay away from body lift and any brake line/drive shaft mods for right now. Plus I dont really want to go any bigger than 31x10.50, once again, for right now. I am very open to suggestions so please lay em on me. Peace, Love and Jeeps.... A proud new XJ owner - Corey Razz
ehirner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not up on my Cherokee lifts, b/c I don't have an XJ, but does OME have an XJ lift? I'd look at the Tera and RE stuff myself. Tera has a reputation for riding the most like stock. RE for providing the most height (more than advertised). OME for being the best ride overall.

Also, I don't think a body lift is doable with your ride. You've got a unibody, meaning there's no frame. So a body lift won't work.

Personally, if I had an XJ, I'd be looking at a long arm front with taller leaves in the back to run 33s. That'd be sweet on an XJ.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it where mine .. I would go with the RE kit. Because like Ehirner said..
MORE LIFT>> The 3.5 RE kit will easily give you 4.5" And that is managable with your stock stuff ...
Check it out..http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/Products_01647/index.html?PHPSESSID=1d4fd1d97c558b28825c47c465d16d29

That my friend is a great deal and free shipping if you act now.. Mr. Green
ANd they offer it with OME shocks for an Extra $100...

Good luck and let us know what you decide..
Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Keithtj
ARLI$$
ARLI$$

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When he asked me, I told him to look at Tera and RE, but that RE deal looks great. $500 for 3.5" pluse OME shocks, I don't think there is a better deal than that. I'm sure drack would come down to help install that one!

My Morning Jacket
CoreyXJ
Turkish
Turkish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: XJ Liktski Reply with quote

Well guys - Good news is my Birthday is coming up and I will usually get a bunch of money from some generous family member somewhere so things are looking good and on schedule for summer wheelin'. The RE lift for a total 4.5" with OME upgrade is the direction I will be headed. Thats a super deal and its like I say "Its like a sore dick, you can't beat it" So hopefully there will be a big brown box on my front door and much fun to be had. Will keep you updated and hope all is well. CARL - god luck on that T-Case !! Keep on Jeepin' - Corey XJ from, yes.... Kentucky! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: