Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why the grand?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1fox2go

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Why the grand? Reply with quote

All you fellow grand wheelers why did you choose the grand to modify and wheel?

i persononally chose it because you dont see many lifted grands or ones that wheel around here its all wranglers and some cherokees

my dad built up my grand he owned it before me and i know he tweaked the motor

its bigger than the cherokee not as cramped and i can haul more stuff without worring about being broken into as easily as a wrangler

its long wheel base more stable than a wrangler, and it has a higher towing capacity

theres my reasons what are yours?
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I bought it brand new and was using it as a grocery getter while I wheeled my Isuzu Amigo.. (with solid axle swap and a V 6 sitting on 35's.. Mr. Green )

Then one day I went camping with my buddies and it was to far to drive the 5:13 geared Amigo Confused I Took the grand... We decided to go for a ride and It did great.. Even with street tires and a factory L/S in the dana 35 I was pretty impressed... Mostly the power... But anyway..

I burned up the 5th clutch in my Amigo a short time later so I got mad and sold it and started wheeling my Jeep... Mr. Green I believe that was either late 95 or early 96.. Hard to remember when you get old like me..Mr. Green

Here is a picture of my Jeep when it was about 1 year old and I was on that camping trip with my buddies..

Thats right .... Ripped the bumper right off in the woods...

Man that was fun....(Til I got home and my wife saw it..) rofl

Here is one from about a week later... Going into the woods again...

Notice the new from bumper... Mr. Green

and this is the only picture of the Amigo I have...
This is after the solid axle swap.. Its sitting on 33's It has a 3" body lift in the picture but I built my own back bumper and moved up the front bumper.. It has steel step tubes on it that I built but you can barely see them in the picture.. And It has a Warn Winch mount on it in the picture (the kind that bolts to the factory bumper.) you can see the small black tube sticking above the hood.. I eventually buit a full winch bumper and A roof rack that incorparated the light bar and bolted to the Hard top so that I could pull the hard top and the entire roof rack would go with it...

I did almost as much work on that thing as I have into my grand.. And I did all the work on it in about 3 years... It was a 92 and I had already done a solid axle swap and a V6 swap and regeared by the time I bought my Jeep in 93.. Mr. Green And by the time I wheeled my Jeep for the first time in the summer of 94 I had almost killed the poor thing...
rofl rofl

Anyway.. Thats mine...

Next....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
1fox2go

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet i wheeled mine stock for about half a year to get the feel for it then deceided that the street tires werent any good in the mud so i looked for mud tires, i had planed on lifting it so i figured just do the lift and tires at same time so i didnt buy small ruff treads and then lift it and not use the little tires

and im very impressed and even though its big i still went places my buddies wrangler couldnt go....i did scratch the hell outta the clear coat tho but im gonna repaint so it didnt matter at the time
cool94gc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend had one and it really impressed me so I got one and started messing with it right away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: