Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help Rear axle making wierd noises

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovethejeep

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Need help Rear axle making wierd noises Reply with quote

O.k so today I replaced my passanger and driver side motor mount and it went smooth . when I put it all back together a few problems were noticed :
Problem one:I got a bad exhaust leak after further investigation I noticed the metal pipe that is on the downpipe came off

Problem two here is where it sucks : I began to get a bad clunking when In the rear when I shift from park to any gear and the 4 wheel drive stick is rockin around and when I make left turns there is a bad squeaking but when I straigten out it stops after about 30 seconds I noticed the C clip on the leaf spring is just clanging around loosley and after further investigation I notice on the trans the rubber bushing is has
like no absortion what so ever

so my question is was all this bad and I never noticed cause the jeep was so used it and by me tightening up the motor it made these problems more noticable or am gonna be in the market for a new rear axle

Thanks in advance
shvlhd666

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for the cheap things first.

#1. Check your u-joints. Grease and or replace as needed.
#2. Check out all of the rubber mounts common to the drive line for
deterioration and replace as needed.
#3. Check the fluid level in the rear axle.
#4. Pull axles and inspect the axle bearings for any damage.

That should keep you busy for awhile. Let me know what you find.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> YJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: