Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Front tow hooks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
News19liberty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Front tow hooks Reply with quote

i bought some front tow hooks for my 2004 liberty and there are directions that came with them, but they are not for my car. Screws are not in the same places and thing that are shown to be done in the picture are not possible. if any one knows how to complete the task of installing the front tow hooks let me know.
majikxms

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to sound like an ass, but to me it appears like you got the wrong parts, try getting the right stuff then see if you can install them.
News19liberty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only thing with this is that there is only one set of front hooks that one could buy from mopar that are for the jeep liberty. So they have to be the ones I need, and I am wondering if there is something that I missed when I was trying to install the hooks. That is why I am posting this.
News19liberty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After talking with a guy who owns a wrangler, for some reason we figured it out. It was still not easy. Taking a few hours. Thanks for any help people were "thinking of giving"
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooooo...what was the deal?
njunor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem. You can't remove the air dam - it doesn't make any difference. The u-bolts can be inserted into the two holes. Put the short end in first and it will feed into the back hole. I taped the u-bolt so it would not push up while I aligned the hook assembly. Hold it in place with the black bolt. Good luck with the u-bolt nuts. The back one can reached with a socket. The front one I just took forever with a 15mm box end wrench. They will work - it just takes a whole lot of naughty words, so do it in the garage.
News19liberty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I figured that out, but when I was trying to follow the instructions I found that they are not correct, and it took me a long while to. Thanks
Fritz_Monroe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a new Liberty owner and need to add some tow hooks as well. Is the 15 mm wrench the only tool required to put on the hooks?

Since it's a brand new vehicle, would I have to remove the cut-out in the bumper cover for the hooks, or can that stay in place?

F_M
News19liberty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fritz_Monroe,

For the my 2004 Liberty I needed 10 and 15 mm wrenches. And the directions said to take off the air dam, but the directions were wrong, and id didn't come off so after a lot of work I got it off. But I am not sure how it is for 2005.
Fritz_Monroe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't look like I'd have to take off the air dam. I will have to cut out the plastic in front of the hooks, but that's already scored, so it will be an easy cut.

I'm headed to a u pull it junk yard in hopes of finding some hooks. I don't want to spend $200 to put 3 chunks of metal on the Jeep.

F_M
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Liberty Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: