Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More windows questions...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trinculo54

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: More windows questions... Reply with quote

Okay I have the same problem as everyone else with their window breaking. My question is, how do I get the door panel off! I took the two screws our (One in the door handel and the other by the side mirror) I am assuming that the rest are just pop offs...is this correct? am I missing something...I started pulling on it and it seems much harder then my Honda. I wanted to post here before I break somthing else! BTW it's a 2001 grand Cherokee Larado.

I have seen this: http://jeephorizons.com/tech/xjwindow.html and will be using that to my advantage...

Thank you all for your help!
trinculo54

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: window regulator Kit Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can get a window regulator kit for my 2001 GC, short of going to the dealer? Thanks
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly a bone yard... I have a pair from my 93 if they are the same I dont need them...

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
96 olive zj

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are different. I just did them on my friends 01. When you order, make sure you get the right one for your build date.. they switched them up in the middle of the year
trinculo54

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I broke down and purchased the one from the Jeep dealer near by...$220 bucks! What a rip off...I did try the local pick and pull with no luck...I did however manage to find an on-line pink and pull request link. I managed to put in a request and unfortunately I recieved a response too late.

PS I found the last screw that I missed...there was a torex screw in by the door handel. I'm glad I found it before ripping it out javascript:emoticon('Wink')
Wink

All in all it's working now and I am sure it was cheaper to do it myself then to pay the dealer to do it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: