Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Its offical now.... new job

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DozerDan
What the deuce?
What the deuce?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Its offical now.... new job Reply with quote

Well some of you already know but it is officially official. I start Monday at my new job as AN ENGINEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran into a guy at a family bbq back in the end of May, who works for the company I went to England for back in 99. So he kind of knew me and knows my father ect ect. WE spent a good while bsing about stuff, and he asked what I do and about school. We had a good convo about how engineering in school wasnít what I wanted and how I am not thrilled with what I do now bla bla bla.

And he offered me a job a couple weeks later. The company is Bihler of America, and now they do mostly stamping and injection molding, as well as production line tooling set ups.

They are in contract for a new 'part' (donít know how much I can disclose yet) and are hiring a team of new engineers to work with some of their guys on the design and development of it.

I went and met with the guy I will be working under and we talked a good bit about school again and how I didnít finish, and the first thing he said was more or less, 'to us a piece of paper isnít worth shit if the person is cluelessí and he though I would fit in perfectly (I already have a machining background and as most of you know am good with mechanics and my hands)

So I got the job and it starts Monday.

I am defiantly stoked, and a little nervous, but this should pan out to be exactly what I was looking for in an engineering job, and hell if its not it just one more notch in the learning stick of life right Very Happy

So I thought Id share with you all.

Dan
1fox2go

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice congrats
WhatWasIThinkin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck Smile

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, that's great - congrats. Mr. Green
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do you get the hat right away and controls of the train, or do you have to wait a bit????? Oh, not that kinda engineer flipoff agree .

Congrats man thumbs .
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: