Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Power Drain in 1993 Grand Cherokee

View previous topic :: View next topic  
str8line

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Power Drain in 1993 Grand Cherokee Reply with quote

In November 2004 we purchased a 93 Grand Cherokee that has had extreme electrical problems since the purchase.

We are now on our 2nd battery in 7 months, have had the alternator tested and it passes with flying colours but the battery will not hold a charge.

We were able to see that the car once had an alarm system but it had been removed before purchase.

Here is a list of what is baffling me:

Stereo only works when driver rear window control is pushed up,

Pass rear window will not open

Drivers tail light does not work (changed light twice)

Power antenna does not go up/down (is now broken off after a car wash)

Lighter does not work

Power door locks do not function.

I am trying to avoid rewiring the entire vehicle and need some help here.

Thanks,

Str8line
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the center bezel out and check all the wires at the radio connection some of your problems are there..
I bet they installed a radio as bad as they did the alarm..

Then look under the dash.. I bet they wired the light flash from the old alarm to the drivers side light which would explain it not working (shorted out.)
I bet you find yourself quite a mess under the dash panel near the steering wheel.. Just go in there and remove all the crap that they left behind when they removed the old alarm and you will probobly solve all of the problems that the crappy radio install didnt cause...

If that doesnt solve all your problems .. Look at the wire harness for the drivers door.. It is common for wires in that cluster to break and you will loose whatever window that wire controls..
Good luck..

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
str8line

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I checked the door leads and found several crimped wires, 3 exposed wires and 2 wires that had become separated from their crimps.
I corrected the wiring and reground the battery but still can not get the battery to hold a charge and the same problems with the door locks and stereo still exist.

Str8line
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: