Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about Paragon?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Question about Paragon? Reply with quote

The VA Jeep Girls are going to Paragon Labor Day weekend (Sept 2-5). We just found out that will be an open ride weekend. My question to those who have gone to paragon before, is with it being an open ride weekend and labor day weekend to boot will it be horribly crowded there? Would we be better off thinking about going another weekend or going to Rauch Creek that weekend?

Thanks, Jen

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
ehirner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll probably be crowded. However, the park is plenty big and I've never had a problem with it...even during the BMJA Toys for Tots Ride which is one of the biggest I've ever seen.

The problem with the Open Ride weekends is that you are required to ride with the Open Ride groups. I don't like riding with their guides...they move through trails too quick to cover lots of ground and usually the groups are fairly big.

I'll be there that weekend. The locals I wheel with have chosen that weekend for our Fall Jambo. But we got special permission to wheel on our own since we're there so much.
Jen2Goofy
Trail Goddess
Trail Goddess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks.

Ya, they told us we could wheel on our own too. The thing they told us is we can't get there until after 9, but for us that will not be a big deal.

www.vajeepgirls.com

www.fm2cd.com

(O||||||O)
BlueJ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess that it would not be terribly crowded on the holiday weekend. Paragon's a big park, and even if it is crowded in the staging area it never seems to be on the trails.

The big problem IMHO is the ATVs and dirt bikes, who come zipping up and down the trails all over the place and get in the way. They'll be there open rides or no (that's why I like winter wheeling at 5 degrees - no ATVs).

As long as you have permission from the management to go separately from the Open Rides group, you'll be fine. I think you will still have to have someone in your group who'se been through the Paragon group leader training - a 30 minute videotape they show in the check-in trailer.

If you need a guide for one of those days, I may be available. I've guided a few Open Rides for Paragon when they've been shorthanded -- and I guide my Delaware Jeep Association groups a couple of times a month at Paragon, Rausch Creek, and Jack Frost/Big Boulder (Camp Jeep trails). As long as I don't break something major guiding at Camp Jeep or at BMJA's August Oink ride on August 27/28, I can be there Setpember 3, 4, or 5.

Just an option...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Events & Places All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: