Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

spring spacer lift?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newzj97jeeper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: spring spacer lift? Reply with quote

I am new here/jeep world. and I am looking at a small lift -2.5 inches. and I have found alot of spring spacer lifts and was wonderinf if they are worth the time and effort or should I just go for a small suspesion lift. I know that sounds like a rectocile statement but I wont be doing to much wheeling and the stuff I will do will not be your hardcore rock crawling, mainly just trails up in the mountains trying to find cool new places to go. thanks for the help.
1fox2go

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id go ahead and get 3 inches all new springs and shocks and that will let you fit a 31

just my opinion
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis true ... The chances are that your suspension has sagged over the years and the BB will only get you back to stock height... It would be better to go ahead and save for the new springs.. Check out Kevinsjeepparts.com they have lifts for ZJ's

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
newzj97jeeper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to go through kevins for the coil spacers and the trackbar, but at this point a full suspinsion lift is way over my budget. but when/if I do it will prob be kevins. He just seems to make to much good stuff, its like a kid in a candy store. You know if you have money to spend and you go their just to look you walk out with a little litter wallet and a weekend full of work to do.
1fox2go

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you dont have the money now I would save up for the full suspension lift...just because more than likely what you will end up doing is buying the full lift and chuckin out the spacers....just my opinion

how long was you gonna run the spacer lift?

Tuff country makes a good lift i got 3.5 inches for around 700 less i think it was new springs shocks hardware all the stuff you need and deliverd to my door in under a week
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do the Tuff Country coils ride.. I have heard bad things about their leaf spring lifts.. (Ride is terrible...)

My RE springs ride almost like new.. I have a very cushy ride but there is a tiny bit of stiffness ...Not like ride quality is my primary concern or anything.. Confused

But us mall Crawlers need the cushy ride...rofl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
1fox2go

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHA these coils ride very well a small bit stiffer than factory but then again im running 8 ply tires so some of the stiffness is in the tires as well....i have no complaints nor does the girlfriend the mother however does but she has the street tires and factory suspension jeep grand...she doesnt like the lugs of the mud tires smackin the pavement and low speeds, or the way she has to climb up in it

I was very impressed with these coils and i recomend them to anyone who wheels on the weekend and a daily driver, its not outrageous priced and it is very good

i am however looking for more travel and more height cant afford the adjustable control arms tho
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: