Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RE 3.5 (6030)lift !!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boncur

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: RE 3.5 (6030)lift !!! Reply with quote

I just ordered one from Bob Supplee. Twisted Evil
My question is what kind of shocks do i need to go with it and where should i buy them? I read something about buying it in regular auto parts store any recommendations, links? Anything else i need with this lift kit?

----Adrian (XJ 01'sport)
P.s. should i get SYE? Confused is ebay a good place to get it?
Huey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did the kit not come with shocks? with just a 3.5" lift i dont think you need a SYE.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may or may not need an SYE...the best bet will be to install the lift and see if any vibes develop. I have the part#'s for shocks that will work at home. You can get them from Autozone or whatever. I'll dig them out and post them up later.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CoreyXJ
Turkish
Turkish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I ordered my lift from Bob, I also got the Old Man Emu shocks and steering stabilizer. He discounted them a little bit since I ordered the RE lift. They are good shocks and have treated me right.
I have a 99 Sport and didn't need an SYE but I did however need to install a T-case drop. I had really bad vibes on the rear shaft, tried the shims and that made it worse - installed the t-case drop and it was all better.
Good luck with it
CoreyXJ

"Do what you love to do...the money will eventually follow" - I. Larry
boncur

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, i finally got my RE 6030 lift kit and Track Bar (re1600)!!!
Phantum can u plz post those part#'s for shocks and do i need Jks Bar Pin eliminators can i get them at autozone?

Thx for the help so far, i will start this install tomorrow so i will keep u updated if something goes wrong!!! Very Happy

----Adrian
P.s Do i need any special tools cuz i wanna fix my leaking front/rear diff pinion seals?
Drake69

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BPE's are great for shocks, though some might have to be modified a bit before putting them on. They make it much easier to swap out shocks in case something happens, and they tend to be sturdier than the factory mounts. Autozone and Advance doesn't carry JKS products, but many online shops do. Try http://www.4x4rockshop.com/ or http://www.dc4wd.com/. DC4WD carries the JKS line, so even if he doesn't show the stuff on his webpage, he can still get it for you.

You might also want to consider DPG Offroad Bumpstop Plates at http://www.dpgoffroad.com. They'll keep your rear springs from wearing out quickly, as well as keep your axle and tires away from the body while stuffing. Good stuff to have when flexing on a trail.

ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a drill you can make your own BPE's out of the rear sway bar mount brackets. Total cost..about $1 for the bolts:

If you have an angle grinder, swazall, etc. You can also make them for the front as well:

Total cost for 4 BPE's: about $2 and an hours worth of time.

Sorry, I completley forgot about the shock part numbers...I'll get 'em for ya.

Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
boncur

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx a lot for the pics that helps me a lot. I will try doing that instead spending like $70 for BPE. Very Happy

Thx in advance for the shocks part numbers!!!

----Adrian
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabriel part #'s:
Front - G63511
Rear - G63660

I'm running them on 4" of lift...so they should work for 3.5". thumbs

Quote:
boncur

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rear - G63660

Hey phantum did the upper bushing had a tube in it or not cuz i bought those and mine doesn't have a tube???? It's just rubber!!!
Oh one more thing i made those bpe out of rear sway bar and have a ? what size bolt did you use? I'm stuck at this point.

Thx for help
P.s I had to cut my car to do those damn rear shocks pita!!!! But i won't even describe how much trouble i had with the rear leaf spring bolts. pissed
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to press the tube out. I've done it with a vise, but majikxms found an easier way. He'll post it up.

Quote:
majikxms

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePhantum wrote:
You have to press the tube out. I've done it with a vise, but majikxms found an easier way. He'll post it up.

Did someone say my name Finger This is for JKS BPE's, but with a little thought the same concept could be used for Phantum's engineering idea.

"www.dpgoffroad.com/tech/JKSBPE's.htm"

Do a copy and paste for that, hot linking doesn't work, it has to do with the apostrophe.
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black2001TJ did the same install. Wink
http://jeephorizons.com/tech/jksbpe.html
boncur

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey "ThePhantum" can you plz give me the tightening specs. for Rrear/Front Shocks, Rear/Front Leaf Spring bolts (also U bolts), Track Bar bolts and control arm bolts???

----Adrian
P.s I finnaly did my rear suspension of my jeep, wow what a pain it was. It took me 5 days to do it and 4 of those days i spent doing one &^%&^% pissed pissed pissed pissed pissed ---> front leaf spring bolt!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: