Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stewart's Home Confinement Release Delayed - 3 weeks extra!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Stewart's Home Confinement Release Delayed - 3 weeks extra! Reply with quote;_ylt=Ag3q7WpaRIsvDz.tqQOmDlbpsKwB;_ylu=X3oDMTA3YXYwNDRrBHNlYwM3NjI-

Martha Stewart's release from home confinement and her electronic anklet has been delayed three weeks to the end of the month, her lawyer said Wednesday.

Attorney Walter Dellinger said in a one-sentence letter that the home-and-hearth marketing queen "has agreed to an extension of the terms of her home confinement until Aug. 31."

Those conditions include staying inside her home north of New York City except for 48 hours a week of employment, food shopping, doctor appointments and church. And Stewart must always wear the anklet, about which she has repeatedly complained, saying it irritates her skin.

"I am not allowed to take it off at any time, and I am not allowed, while in my home, to have any padding under the strap," she once told fans during an Internet chat. "I hope none of you ever has to wear one."

Stewart even boasted once that she had learned from the Internet how to remove the transmitter, although probation officials said she never did.

It wasn't revealed what Stewart did to earn the extra three weeks of confinement. Dellinger's assistant, Ann Kienlen, said he would not elaborate beyond his one-sentence announcement.

The chief U.S. probation officer in New York, Chris Stanton, would not confirm or deny the extension of Stewart's confinement. Stewart's company, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia Inc., issued a brief statement saying it "will be so happy to have Martha working without restriction at the end of the month."

The New York Post reported Sunday that Stewart was seen riding an off-road vehicle on her estate and attended a yoga class nearby. Stanton would not say if those were probation violations or if they constituted part of her employment.

Stewart's release from the anklet and home confinement had been expected Aug. 10. Her original five-month confinement sentence followed a five-month prison term for lying about a stock sale.
Honda Xl125V

Last edited by fibulator on Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not a Martha Stewart fan.......but jeeeese does someone sure got a hair accross thier ass for her. I dont think I would concider this woman a major threat against mankind. I realy truely beleive that our crime stopping efforts could be better placed stopping the drug trade or catching a terrorist or two.

I guess its easier for law enforcement to bust her chops, where they allready have her in custody. Even in my little nowhere town the cops spend more time chasing kids on dirtbikes that arent realy hurting anyone than they do shutting down known drug dealers.

Real Jeeps dont wear Bra's
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: