Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will there ever be a Hybrid jeep?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Will there ever be a Hybrid jeep? Reply with quote

Was wondering if DC would ever consider jumping on the enviromental friendly bandwagon and make us a hybrid jeep
( and would it even be functional as a classic jeep?)

My question is would it be as powerfull as a normal jeep? I mean , I can see electric powered movement for city driving but would it be as rugged and strong for off trail driving or are hybrids delicate cars?

I cant picture a electric jeep working in mud and being driven into water

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect so, but it'll probably be one of the cross-platform mini-SUV's.

Together with GM, DaimlerChrysler is collaborating to jointly develop a future generation of hybrid powertrain, which will offer significantly more customer benefit than any currently offered. The companies plan to work together to develop a two-mode full hybrid propulsion architecture for applications in GM, Chrysler Group and Mercedes Car Group vehicles. Variants planned include rear- and front-wheel-drive versions for cars, trucks and other vehicles. This technology is expected to improve acceleration performance while also improving vehicle fuel economy and range significantly.

The Chrysler Group currently produces the Dodge Ram HEV, which uses an integrated starter-alternator hybrid system to supplement a Cummins 5.9-liter turbodiesel engine. This system shuts down the diesel engine at stops, and uses the electric motor to assist the diesel on acceleration. The Ram HEV also converts to a stationary electric generator when parked, providing a clean source of electric power to users, such as contractors, farmers and recreational users.

Also watch for fuel cell vehicles - they run on a variety of stuff - methanol, gasoline, liquid and gaseous hydrogen and sodium borohydride.
Nothing to see here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: