Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with 6.5" lift

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluedevils369

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Help with 6.5" lift Reply with quote

I'm new to this site, but im looking for a little help. I have a 1996 jeep cherokee country with 3.5" of lift and will be lifting it 6.5". Besides the lift what all will i have to replace? (example: upper/lower control arms, extended brake lines.) More info about the lift: i will be using a dodge dakota leaf pack in the back with AAL, block and maybe shackles if needed. In the front i will probably get some rustys 6.5" coils. Any response is welcomed.

Thanks in Advance
Tommy
nubiexj

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

careful with Rusty's. Having lots of problems with my 3.5" lift. (DEATH WOBBLE) pissed
wolfe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nubiexj wrote:
careful with Rusty's. Having lots of problems with my 3.5" lift. (DEATH WOBBLE) pissed

The reasons for your dw may not be just the lift theres plenty of other causes
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need LCA's (uppers would be a good idea as well), extended brake lines front and rear, an adjustable track bar, an SYE & driveshaft, shocks and steering stabilizer. At that height you might have to correct the steering geometry with a drop pitman arm as well.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: